Please tell us pattern needle size B4 download!

This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 10
MWilser wrote
on Jun 17, 2009 10:27 PM

I couldn't find anywhere to make suggestions. I wonder how many people have downloaded a pattern, but then decided against using it because of the needle size required?

This is important with sock patterns. I won't go above a size 1 for sock knitting, and I usually use 0s. Anything larger and the knit is just too coarse for me. I just downloaded a the Flying Buttress sock pattern, but it calls for size 5 needles. Since I wouldn't knit it, I then trashed it. I could have saved server time had I just known in advance that this pattern called for size 5s.

Of course, it's not the end of the world, but knowing in advance would be very nice and save a bit of time.

Just a suggestion! Wink

==Marjorie in California, the Sock-Shaped State Paradise

Not Ranked
Posts 7
BonnieL wrote
on Oct 7, 2009 9:34 AM

Hi, I have a question being a new sock knitter.  Why won't you use above a xize 1 needle?  is it because you've found the right needle and yarn that works for you, or size one makes a denser sock that holds up longer, or what?  For me personally, I wish I could knit 20 things at one time, 10 of those being socks, using all different sizes of yarn and needles just to see the many results and patters that are out there, and to make the appropriate sock for the appropriate person, like thick book socks for my dad - I could never use size 1 for those.  Let me know your thoughts, because like I said, I'm new to sock knitting, but can't wait to experiment!  Sincerely,

Bonnie in KY

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS