New Knit-a-Long

This post has 254 Replies | 14 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,517
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Jul 1, 2009 10:09 AM

Hi Folks!

Welcome to Kathleen's Knit-a-Long, where we'll knit a project together and share photos, discuss issues we might be having with the pattern, and celebrate our victories.

The first pattern is a sock pattern, Monkey Socks by Cookie A. I'll be using Jitterbug by Colinette in colorway 131, Ischia. It's a beautiful 100% merino in a blend of blues and greens.

Let's cast on!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bonnie@20 wrote
on Jul 1, 2009 12:00 PM

Just read that you're our new editor -- congrats!!!

The monkey socks have been on my list - perhaps now is the time to try them.

take care,

Bonnie

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,517
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Jul 1, 2009 7:13 PM

Hi Bonnie,

Now is the time. I'm going to cast on tomorrow, so join me!

Kathleen

Not Ranked
Posts 3
ValerieW@16 wrote
on Jul 3, 2009 5:48 AM

Hi Kathleen!

I'm looking forward to doing this kal.  I've worked this pattern before and it makes a lovely sock!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
AdeleR wrote
on Jul 3, 2009 6:04 AM

I've just started knitting socks--they are so fun!  I was not able to download the pattern for some reason nor was I able to view the video on knitting stripes in the round.  Have other people had problems with this?  Congrats to becoming editor of Knitting Daily.  Love it!!

Adele R.

Not Ranked
Posts 12
barbara@3 wrote
on Jul 3, 2009 7:24 AM

Where do I find the pattern for the Monkey sox?  I haven't seen them so I don't know if the're cute or not.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
PamelaB wrote
on Jul 3, 2009 8:35 AM

barbara@3:

Where do I find the pattern for the Monkey sox?  I haven't seen them so I don't know if the're cute or not.

Barbara, if you read Kathleen's posting, the words "monkey socks" are in blue.  If you hover your mouse over the words, you will find you can click on them which opens another page with a link.  Just click on "download" and then all is revealed! Smile

I'm casting on tonight but haven't a clue what yarn to use as my yarn collection is the size of a small mountain range - all part of the fun!

And welcome Kathleen!

Not Ranked
Posts 4
KathrynMorse wrote
on Jul 3, 2009 11:54 AM

Congratulations and welcome, Kathleen! I won't be knitting along but I'm going to follow the posts for any tips you have.  I wondered,however, if you would consider doing a KAL for toe-up socks.  I started a pair more than a year ago and I'm stuck on the heel turn. 

Thanks!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,517
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Jul 6, 2009 11:08 AM

Hi Adele,

Our customer service people will help you get your tech issues straightened out, but here's a possible work-around in the meantime.

If you go under Patterns on the Knitting Daily site and choose Knitting Daily TV, look through the patterns until you find Monkey Sock (I think it's on page 3 or so) and try to download it fromt there. I think the original pattern was on Knitty.com, too.

Kathleen

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,517
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Jul 6, 2009 11:08 AM

Click on the link in my first post. They ARE cute. :)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,517
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Jul 6, 2009 11:09 AM

I'll put that in the hopper, Kathryn. Thanks for the suggestion.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
BarbaraO@14 wrote
on Jul 6, 2009 2:00 PM

I am excited because I did one of these and have been meaning to pick them up again and haven't.  So now I will and see if I can photograph and get the picture up as well.  Have never done a KAL before and now must be the time.  Congratulations on your new job Kathleen, I wish you well.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
KimW@22 wrote
on Jul 6, 2009 2:01 PM

OK - I'm in!  I have been wanting to do something like this for awhile anyhow, and using some of the sock yarn I have accumulated is well past due.  It isn't my fault that sock yarn leaps into my checkout basket everywhere I go, is it?  I have even learned to not GO to the back of my LYS because that is where the troublesome stuff is, and yet, when I am going to pay a visit, some special yarn is on sale and up front and woosh!  into my basket it goes.  My daughter thinks it is wrong that I store unknit sock yarn in my sock drawer.  Her belief is that I am hiding it from my husband; I contend that the yarn needs inspiration to become the perfect sock.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 65
AnnR wrote
on Jul 6, 2009 3:17 PM

Adele R.

I haven't been able to view the video on knitting stripes in the round either. I hope that Knitting Daily will be able to figure this out and fix it.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
crazed2knit wrote
on Jul 6, 2009 3:18 PM

Hi,

I just finished a pair of he monkey socks by Cookie.  They turned out fantastic and  were great fun!

Page 1 of 17 (255 items) 1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS