on Aug 10, 2009 7:59 PM

Can't wait for Friday - I'll be tuning in fir my first KAL

Barbara B.

from the Land Down Under

Not Ranked
Posts 6
knitjudi wrote
on Aug 11, 2009 5:55 AM

Hello from Michigan- I'm waiting for friday too. This will be my first KAL and whatever the choice is I'm ready! I just finished my last project yesterday (cable and moss stitch tunic, from Vogueknitting winter 2008/2009), so I'm ready!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 14
SharonF wrote
on Aug 12, 2009 8:11 AM

Hi Kathleen!  I'd love to try a knit-a-long and especially socks!!  I have been nervous about trying something with a pattern because I have narrow feet and using Jitterbug usually have 27 stitches per needles (Magic Loop).  Can I still do this sock using the small or will it be to big?  I have so many sock books but have not tried any because they generally cast on 30 stitches per needle or more.  Any suggestions on how to downsize? Smile

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 14
SharonF wrote
on Aug 12, 2009 8:26 AM

Did you figure out the heel turn?  I do all my socks toe up so if you still need help, let me know. Smile  I just saw this KAL and hope it's not to late to join!! I have about six chester drawers full of sock yarn...I'm OUTTA CONTROL!!

Not Ranked
Posts 11
ladyjanet wrote
on Aug 12, 2009 11:55 AM

To do the heel turn- it seems odd,but you only knit part way then turn and go back.  There are excellent videos on YouTube on turning the heel.

Here's my monkey and a half socks- and it's on my hand, not my foot.  I'm doing it in ZigZag.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,479
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Aug 12, 2009 11:59 AM

SharonF:

Hi Kathleen!  I'd love to try a knit-a-long and especially socks!!  I have been nervous about trying something with a pattern because I have narrow feet and using Jitterbug usually have 27 stitches per needles (Magic Loop).  Can I still do this sock using the small or will it be to big?  I have so many sock books but have not tried any because they generally cast on 30 stitches per needle or more.  Any suggestions on how to downsize? Smile

I would knit the foot (starting with the heel flap) one one size smaller needles. I've had people try that with success. Good luck!

Not Ranked
Posts 6
knitjudi wrote
on Aug 12, 2009 6:12 PM

Oh I love your socks, the color is beautiful!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 14
SharonF wrote
on Aug 13, 2009 5:14 AM

Thanks Kathleen.  After I sent the e-mail I realized the Monkey Socks knit-a-long started apparently in June.  I take it from the earlier e-mail you are starting a new one on Friday...so I will wait to start then with everyone else.  To make sure I understand, if I use a 2 needle with jitterbug, I would do the toe and foot with a size 1 needle and the cuff up with the size 2?  Tongue Tied  Would the pattern still work if I simply deleted one sequence of it, continuing to use the size 2?  I just purchased the Wendy Knits toe up sock book and every pattern appears to use either  a size 1 or 0.  Doesn't going down a size give you more stitches, i.e. a bigger sock? Whew...Confused  for someone mathmatically challenged this is tough stuff...but I'm excited about trying the Knit-a-long!!  Thanks for responding, I will try it your way first..you definitely know more than I do!!!  Smile

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 19
Terry E wrote
on Aug 13, 2009 12:43 PM

Judi,

Thanks!  this is the third pair of socks that I knitted with Jitterbug yarn and I really like it! 

Terry E

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 16
cdn wrote
on Oct 31, 2009 2:16 AM

way late for the KAL, I know,- but I thought I'd add my few pixels to the mix. I'm using an Italian supersocke 100, Linie 3, On Line yarn that I think is way too busy to do the lacework much justice, but it's a fun pattern that I'll likely try again with something more plain.

Anyone out there still knitting monkey socks?

Catherine

Not Ranked
Posts 9
la jefa wrote
on Oct 31, 2009 2:34 PM

You're not alone, Catherine.  I started a pair during the KAL then became busy with obligations to Socks for Soldiers & other distractions.  Need to get back to them as I need wool socks right now.  I am using Colinette "Jitterburg"  in a beautiful color ("Alizarine")  Have never knit socks like this before, but they are not as difficult as I imagined.  Just follow directions and all is well!  They looked so complicated!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
StrikkeRikke wrote
on Mar 17, 2010 8:25 AM

Are there any new KAL coming up soon?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,479
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Mar 19, 2010 11:10 AM

We're knitting the Minimalist Cardigan. Please join us! The forum is the top post in the Kathleens Knit-along forum.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Sep 5, 2011 6:20 PM

jewenbernal:

hello every one!!! im just new here..looking for new friends here..

http://www.knittingdaily.com/members/jewenbernal/default.aspx

Judging from the other posts that you have put on here at knitting daily, you are only looking for a place to post your spam.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Sep 5, 2011 6:20 PM

jewenbernal:

hello every one!!! im just new here..looking for new friends here..

http://www.knittingdaily.com/members/jewenbernal/default.aspx

Judging from the other posts that you have put on here at knitting daily, you are only looking for a place to post your spam.

Page 17 of 17 (255 items) « First ...  < Previous  13 14 15 16 17 | RSS