Jitterbug sock KAL

This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 12
xteech37 wrote
on Jul 5, 2009 11:12 AM

Hi, Kathleen!

Congratulations on your new position.  Sounds like a challenging but fun job.  Question about the Jitterbug KAL:  how long has it been going on?  Is it too late to get in?  I would need to order the yarn but it usually gets here in about 3 days.  I am an intermediate knitter but am slow because of nerve damaged  hands and chronic pain problems.  Doesn't keep me from knitting for charity, but I can do that at my own pace.  Have never participated in a KAL but it sounds interesting and I could also ask you questions, right?

Barbara Penn

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,489
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Jul 6, 2009 11:05 AM

Hi Barbara,

It's not too late! I'm still in the swatching phase. You don't have to use Jitterbug, though, you can use any sock yarn that gets you gauge. The knit-a-long part of this is that we'll all be knitting the same pattern--Monkey Socks by Cookie A.

Hope you can join us!

Not Ranked
Posts 7
SharonS@2 wrote
on Jul 6, 2009 5:31 PM

Hi Kathleen,

Welcome and it sounds fun to get started;  Have only knitted 2 socks but will give it a try.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 24
kat7914 wrote
on Aug 11, 2009 9:48 AM

has a new KAL started?  I was in on the monkey socks but my computer needed repair and I had to change my email address so I no longer get any posts.  Can't figure out how to change my email address in my profile and need to know if a new KAL has started.

thanks,

Kathy Anderson

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,489
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Aug 11, 2009 12:47 PM

Not yet, Kathy. I'll post a new KAL origin post like the first Monkey Sock KAL post. Look for this on Friday.

Email the customer service people and ask them how to add your new email. They'll help you. Go to "Help/Customer Service" above the Knitting Daily masthead, on the right.

Kathleen

Not Ranked
Posts 3
JoyS wrote
on Aug 14, 2009 6:16 PM

I see that you were sort of keeping track of how many people were doing the Monkey Socks KAL and I realized I never posted anything that would add me to the list.  But I DID go ahead and knit them - in a bluegreen kettledyed merino from Knitpicks.  I just finished them today on a trip to Nova Scotia (or I would post a picture).  I enjoyed making this pattern very much.  I got the pattern memorized after a few repeats and they went very quickly.

Just wanted to let you know you had at least 20 + 1 in your first KAL!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS