Alpaka Tunic (fall 2009)

This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
CarolineF wrote
on Aug 1, 2009 10:44 AM

Some of us have been discussing this pattern over at Ravelry - there seems to be a typo in the putup which causes confusion, it's not 109 yards/50g it's 200m/100g which makes the ball count make more sense!

The other issue is that the yarn is not yet available in the US and when it comes out it is going to be between $20 and $25 per ball which makes the smallest size cost $100-$150 in yarn alone.

This appears to be a difficult yarn to get AND to sub for, so I was hoping that perhaps the editors or designer could make some suggestions.  This is not something that one would want to weigh a ton but also you wouldn't want the yarn to be so tender that over time you would create an ugly worn/pilled spot on the seat (unless this is only intended to be worn by people who never sit down...)

Please help!  It is lovely and people want to knit it but the hurdles are great!

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Sushiggins wrote
on Aug 11, 2009 4:31 PM

I am so glad you wrote. I have been reading the pattern and the yardage just never made any sense. I would love some alternate suggetion or even more information about the yarn so that I could make a more informed choice.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
BethS@10 wrote
on Aug 12, 2009 6:51 PM

I just sent a question to Interweave about this pattern.  I really wanted to start this tunic, but I have no idea what yarn to substitute.  I hope they offer some solutions soon.  With the mistake in yardage, how many yards or meters will it take to complete the various sizes?

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Sushiggins wrote
on Aug 18, 2009 12:42 PM

The correct yardage was posted on the site under corrections. 219 yd [200 m]/100 g.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS