New KAL

This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Janet Jensen wrote
on Aug 14, 2009 7:02 AM

Hi,

This is my first KAL.  Even though I didn't vote for the Central Park Hoodie, (it looked to complicated), I'm going to give it a try.  It looks beautiful!  Can't wait to get started. I'm even going to SWATCH!!!!

JJ

Not Ranked
Posts 4
SusanP@62 wrote
on Aug 14, 2009 7:24 AM

Good Morning,

This is my first KAL too!  Is this where we post questions, concerns, tips and such?  I too didn't vote for the Hoodie, I voted for the wrap but I am intrigued because I have never done cables in a sweater before (only scarfs, fingerless gloves).  I have 17 skeins of Kathmandu Aran and I am going to do a swatch to see if it will work (I kind of know it will but I am committed to swatch anyway).

Good luck to everyone and I am looking forward to meeting many new friends!

Suzi

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 30
Ladymark wrote
on Aug 14, 2009 8:04 AM

My first KAL too! I'm going to follow the leader here, as I've always wanted to do this sweater since I first saw it published. Originally I was going to knit it for my teen daughter, but as I have plenty of yarn for my size, she'll have to live without it!  Don't you find there's an age (teens) where they don't particularly appreciate handmade things?

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 51
lorrainegd wrote
on Aug 14, 2009 8:04 AM

I am actually knitting the wrap now and I LOVE it - can't put it down! My first complicated cables and I love a challenge! I probably shouldn't cast on another project (I have 4 going now) but I really want to knit a sweater and I'd rather not venture into that alone. I think I might need the support. And I hope it will keep me moving along too.

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Kschulberg wrote
on Aug 14, 2009 8:19 AM

Hai Knitter Peeps!

This is my first KAL and I'm so excited!  I've been knitting for a bajillion years and have been an Interweaver for a lonnnng time.  It'll be fun to do a project with other people, 'cause the folks in my house don't really know much about knitting ;)

*runs off to obsess over colors*

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,542
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
on Aug 14, 2009 10:12 AM

Welcome, Gals! For future posts on this KAL, please post replies only to this post:  http://www.knittingdaily.com/forums/t/3485.aspx.

See you there!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS