Central Park Hoodie Pattern Bust Size Question

This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 8
on Aug 14, 2009 7:25 AM

I feel kind of silly asking this question, but I'm mostly a sock and unfitted garment knitter: When reading the finished bust measurements, do I assume the numbers given are the true finished measurements and that the ease is built into that number? For example, if I have a 36 inch bust, would I knit the 40 bust size and then have the 4 remaining inches for my ease (40-36=4 inches ease)? Thanks for any help!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
btrails wrote
on Aug 14, 2009 7:49 AM

I have the same question only my bust is 38.  That would leave me 2 inches of ease I guess.  Is that enough for me to wear something underneath or should I go up a size?

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 39
Jody wrote
on Aug 14, 2009 8:04 AM

I also was wondering about this. I have a 36 inch bust. I'm hoping to use some Blue Sky Cotton that I have in my stash, but would only have enough to make the 36" sweater.  I 've made sweaters in the past that didn't end up fitting exactly how I had imagined and want this one to be perfect! I remember Sandi did an entire series on negative ease, so I'm going to see if I can find those e-mails again. I'd appreciate any suggestions!

Jody

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,460
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Aug 14, 2009 10:09 AM

Welcome to the KAL, ladies! I would leave yourself 4 inches of ease so you can comfortably wear something underneath the sweater.

For future posts on this KAL, please post replies only to this post:  http://www.knittingdaily.com/forums/t/3485.aspx.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS