a vote for efficiency...

This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 30
Ladymark wrote
on Aug 14, 2009 8:18 AM

...for those of us who'd rather be knitting than spending TOO much time at the computer! All the threads seem at this point to be similar, with a couple exceptions- is there a way to have people reply to only ONE unless it deals with a very different topic? For example, sizing and yarn types are two different topics, but the rest are about the same. I'd just as soon have only one or two to look at, rather than spending time cruising all the threads (as I just did!).  Do they sort themselves out after a while? This is my first time blogging anything, and I fear I may abandon it unless I can spend less time reading: I'm a teacher, and with school starting soon, I won't have the time if I'm going to knit too! Thanks for any guidance from experienced bloggers. 

Not Ranked
Posts 3
knityogi wrote
on Aug 14, 2009 9:19 AM

I agree, I saw alot of posts with questions and no answers, each thread and the same questions.  Some of them I have.  THis needs a little moderation or I will opt out. I have a couple of shawl knitalongs going on and would love to do this But I need more efficiency

Lana

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,474
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Aug 14, 2009 9:56 AM

Yes!! From now on, please reply only to the first post in this forum--the "official KAL post" by me. Sorry I didn't get it up sooner!

Kathleen

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 30
Ladymark wrote
on Aug 14, 2009 3:31 PM

Thanks so much, Kathleen. I didn't want to be a wet (knitted) blanket, but this really streamlines the process for those overcommitted sould among us. And what woman isn't??

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 30
Ladymark wrote
on Aug 14, 2009 3:32 PM

*souls  lol

Not Ranked
Posts 1
dealonnia wrote
on Aug 14, 2009 8:04 PM

Kathleen...I tried to find a place to ask you this off line instead of a post but couldn't figure out how.  Sorry in advance....First - I have never made anything like a sweater or hoodie.  Second-I have never been in a KAL.  Do you think I can do this?  I am not a beginner and I understand the patterns and terms I just have never had the nerve to step out into this land.  Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS