THE OFFICIAL CENTRAL PARK HOODIE KAL POST!

This post has 837 Replies | 17 Followers rated by 14 users
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
Beth@194 wrote
on Nov 11, 2009 2:58 PM

Chris, your sweater is awesome.  Love it!!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 120
Peggan wrote
on Nov 11, 2009 8:00 PM

RobertaK@4:

Hi Peggy,

What size circular did you use for the front/hood band? I mean how many inches long was it? I appreciate your comments about calculating the stitches since I am short and I had to make mine shorter. I would also like to avoid seaming if I don't have to do one.

Thanks,

Roberta

I used one that is about 30 inches long. That was the largest size I could find without ordering it online .  I did it in two halves  and it worked out well. I think I posted a photo of that seam I was so pleased with it (and trying a new method of seaming.)  As I think I said I am tall (5'10") so I had to make mine longer.  You could probably get all yours onto one 30-inch needle.

Good luck. I am still checking back here to see postings and pictures.  I guess I just really enjoyed the group experience.

Peggy, S Calif

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
Mardi@3 wrote
on Nov 13, 2009 2:26 PM

I did mine in one got a 60" cable and divided out the sweater to get even placements. went along wonderfully

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
Beth@194 wrote
on Nov 17, 2009 1:01 PM

Hello Zoomkitties---I know that you wrote on this post back in August, but I am just starting my CPH and am going through all the posts in case there is something there that I may need to know.  I read that you make helmet liners for the Marine Corp.  My son is a Marine and I would be thrilled to make some.  I am hoping you could e-mail the pattern.   My name is Beth Bisaillon, I live in Kankakee, IL  whitestripe@comcast.net

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
Beth@194 wrote
on Nov 19, 2009 10:38 AM

peggy-i have never knitted a sweater before, I wear a size 40 bra, so should I knit a 40 for my CPH??

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 122
Kelleigh wrote
on Nov 19, 2009 10:51 AM

Beth@194:

peggy-i have never knitted a sweater before, I wear a size 40 bra, so should I knit a 40 for my CPH??

Beth,

I would go up a size or two.  I also wear a 40 but I knit the 44 and for me, it feels a bit snug, but I have always worn my sweaters a little big before.  Also, the arms are a bit snug so if you plan to wear another sweater underneath, make the arms a bit bigger.  You will LOVE this sweater/cardigan when it is finished.

Knit on!

~Kelleigh~ 

KELLEIGH~~

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
Beth@194 wrote
on Nov 19, 2009 11:48 AM

Thank you,  Kelleigh,  for the advice.  Do you think the 48 would be too big? (thats the next size up).   I probably wouldn't wear a sweater underneath, but I would wear a blouse or thin shirt.  I don't have the first clue as to making the arms bigger.  Maybe I ought to skip it.   : (

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 122
Kelleigh wrote
on Nov 19, 2009 12:25 PM

Beth@194:

Thank you,  Kelleigh,  for the advice.  Do you think the 48 would be too big? (thats the next size up).   I probably wouldn't wear a sweater underneath, but I would wear a blouse or thin shirt.  I don't have the first clue as to making the arms bigger.  Maybe I ought to skip it.   : (

Beth,

DO NOT SKIP IT! 

If I remember correctly, there is a size 44 in the pattern.  Try that size since you will not wear more than a blouse underneath.  Somewhere back in the posts, there is mention of how to increase the circumference of the sleeves but you have to read back a bit.  Also, go to ravelry.com and look for the CPH group for some wonderful modifications to this sweater.  If I can help further, just post! 

Have fun,

~Kelleigh~ 

KELLEIGH~~

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
Beth@194 wrote
on Nov 19, 2009 2:28 PM

I am reading every post from the beginning.   I am on page 17 now, so it will take awhile.  Thanks for the encouragement!! 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 122
Kelleigh wrote
on Nov 19, 2009 2:42 PM

Beth@194:

I am reading every post from the beginning.   I am on page 17 now, so it will take awhile.  Thanks for the encouragement!! 

Big Smile  That's what knit friends are for!

~K~

KELLEIGH~~

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 16
Distroh wrote
on Nov 20, 2009 5:59 AM

I too am interested in possibly making helmet liners for our service men and women..Is there a free pattern  out there? Should I google for patterns? Any recommendations would be great! ..I'm working on socks now..but have been not feeling well lately even to pick up the knitting to finish the first one..pretty sad huh? But hopefully this weekend I'll get going again....Havent decided about the Fair Isle  yet..maybe too much for my brain to handle :)

Thanks

Dianne

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
Beth@194 wrote
on Nov 23, 2009 2:41 PM

Dianne--Zoomkitties sent me some patterns for the helmet liners.  I would be glad to forward them to you.  Give me your e-mail address.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 16
Distroh wrote
on Nov 24, 2009 6:00 AM

Thanks Beth..distroh@verizon.net is my email..I look forward to the patterns.. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Dianne

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
Beth@194 wrote
on Nov 24, 2009 2:35 PM

Barbara--I have been looking at all these pictures of finished CPH and am wondering if, when it comes to blocking, I should NOT block the ribbing, correct?

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Sheri wrote
on Dec 1, 2009 1:14 PM

I am done, done, DONE!  This is a great sweater and everyone who has posted here helped immensely!  Fun knit, not too complicated.  This was my first sweater knitted in pieces and seamed together - and I actually like the finished product!

Page 55 of 56 (838 items) « First ...  < Previous  52 53 54 55 56  Next > | RSS