THE OFFICIAL CENTRAL PARK HOODIE KAL POST!

This post has 837 Replies | 17 Followers rated by 14 users
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Sheri wrote
on Dec 2, 2009 6:55 AM

Pictures:

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
Beth@194 wrote
on Dec 2, 2009 1:53 PM

That is beautiful!!!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
Mardi@3 wrote
on Dec 14, 2009 7:22 PM

Wow great job I usally don't go for green but that's a stunning color.

Not Ranked
Posts 14
Jade@108 wrote
on Dec 18, 2009 12:59 PM

Ok, so I know it's way past the deadline, but I have to add my piccy of my CPH which I've just finished. Hoping to add some pockets to it in the next couple of days :o)

Jade from London :o)

Not Ranked
Posts 6
cowpants wrote
on Dec 23, 2009 3:35 PM

This is in Cascade 220, vivid red. Modified it a little bit to make it longer per daughter request. I actually finished this in November but my daughter just now let me take her pictures! When she wore it to school her favorite teacher admired it, so Margaret blithely said, "Oh my mom will make one for you!" So the teacher bought the yarn (same Cascade 220, a darker shade of red); I'm now working on the hood part.

Marisa (Kingston, WA)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,543
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
on Jan 5, 2010 2:11 PM

LOVE the colors! Great job, ladies!

Not Ranked
Posts 12
on Jan 6, 2010 8:25 AM

everyone's looks so great, Jade@108 i love the colour you choose. mine has been done for a while, but i never posted pictures.

Finished CPH Finished CPH

i also made two smaller versions of the sweater too, for my daughters. i was pretty happy with how they turned out, until i accidentally threw them in the wash and they felted and shrunk Surprise ...at least they'll still fit elmo, i suppose ;)

CPH 2TCPH finishedCPH finished:

this was fun.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 19
on Jan 6, 2010 11:01 AM

Everyone has done a great job on this KAL.  I have been reading the posts and am wondering where to find the rest of them.  There are only 56 on this and it says there are 831.  Love to look back and review them.  Thanks. quiltlady

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Stacey@16 wrote
on Jan 20, 2010 8:07 AM

Hi.

I finally finished the CPH for my daughter.  I made the smallest size (32) because she's 8 yrs. old, and I didn't alter it at all.  I figured she'd grow into it.  It actually fits her now as is, unblocked.  She didn't even want buttons or a zipper.  She may change her mind later.

I used Lionbrand Cottonease in terra cotta.  I figured it would be durable so it would last a few years, it's not itchy, AND she could wear it any time throughout the year.  I love the way the cotton/acrylic hangs or drapes.  It has body to it, so it's not spongy the way some wool and acrylic can be.

I'd like to make one for myself, but my wishlist of projects is crazy long!

Oh, yeah--I did have one little problem.  When it was time to pick up and knit the ribbing along the right front, I realized I started the right front with k2, p2, rather than p2, k2.  I made both fronts together at once.  When I got to the cables and they didn't flow right from the ribbing, I should have stopped and assessed the situation, but I was just having so much fun knitting I just kept going.

So, now it's like 11 PM, I didn't have flat stitches to attached the ribbing to, the left front ribbing was already done, and taking the whole thing apart was just not an option.  Then, I remember that I read somewhere that you could extend the life of children's sweaters by removing the ribbing, and knitting down from the body of the sweater.  I knew I didn't want to do that because then the stitches would look upside down.  I took those scissors and cut off the ribbing, thinking  I'll figure it out later.  I thought I'll just re-knit the ribbing and figure out how to re-attach later.  The mistake was so silly, and the reaction so drastic (just cut it off!), I was too embarassed to go to my LYS and ask for help.  So, I thought about it and came up with a plan.  I'd re-knit the rib, then knit up to row 5 of the pattern, graff the bottom portion back onto the sweater on the correct row, then unravel the sweater up to that point.

Anyway, it all worked out great!  Whew!

I will be more careful next time!

It was great having a community to knit along with, since out of all my immediate circle of friends, I'm the only one who actually does this.  And my friends are so great that, sometimes they'll ask about my latest projects, I think just to be polite.  Then I go off talking all about it, I'm sure all they hear is "Blah, blah, blah, red wool, blah, blah, blah, going to buy more, blah, blah, blah, socks."

Looking at the photos of all your finished CHPs and all the variations helped keep me motivated.  They are all so beautiful.  There are CPHs popping up all over the world!

Happy knitting!

Stacey

Not Ranked
Posts 2
tkhraoepba wrote
on Jan 20, 2010 11:26 AM

You are one brave knitter!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
SherriR wrote
on Mar 3, 2010 6:34 AM

Hi Kathleen,

is it too late to join the CPH hoodie KAL? Also, I was wondering when I looked at your e-mail this morning with the photos of finished hoodies, I noticed that Tsbrzesney's hoodie appears to have a different cable pattern on the front cables. Do you know if this variation is available? Thank you, KAL wannabe Sherri

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 16
cdn wrote
on Mar 5, 2010 6:05 PM

Hi Sherri,

the actual KAL is over so you would be knitting on your own (I'm not sure how many people even check this thread any more) but you can certainly benefit from all the trials and errors of everyone else if you plough through all the posts. There are a lot of great tips there but I admit it would be a lot of reading. There is a pattern for one of  the variations called viking cables on lisakayknits.blogspot.com/2008/02/cph-viking-version-cable-instructions.html if this is the one you are refering to. Go ahead and give the CPH a try...it's not that hard and it makes a really nice sweater. I've done two of them now and I am really happy with both of them.     Good Luck and happy knitting.

Catherine

Not Ranked
Posts 1
AnnR@61 wrote
on Mar 17, 2010 6:32 PM

Hi Sherri;

I, too am making the CPH, I have the back done and one front almost done, I can't wait to see mine complete.  I love looking at all the different colors of everyone's sweater.  I think I'll order the one they are working on now, although, I won't buy the wool til I finish this sweater.

Ann

Page 56 of 56 (838 items) « First ...  < Previous  52 53 54 55 56 | RSS