A little guidanace for the newbies?

This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
monkeysocks wrote
on Oct 23, 2009 9:10 AM

Hello moderator(s),

Could you tell me what the little symbol is beneath my number of posts? It looks like a tiny clip or stamp.

Also, would it be possible to have some type of a 'new users' thread with information on this site and the forums in particular? I'm sure I'm not the only newbie who would like to read the protocol for adding avatars, making friends, checking favorite posts, etc.  Although I belong to other groups where avators, friends and favorites are utilized, they are not necessarily handled in the same way.

I appreciate your post/thread on the Knitting Daily site's etiquette and rules! Thanks and my compliments to both your site and your knitting community.

Regards,

Monkeysocks

Not Ranked
Posts 7
tejedora_in wrote
on Feb 19, 2010 10:13 AM

Hmmm, I have the same questions as Moneysocks and she posted this in October and no one has replied . . .

Not Ranked
Posts 6
jatica wrote
on Jan 19, 2012 2:35 PM

Me too and now it's 2012! I have the same questions as the previous posters and one other...how do I add a quote to the bottom of my answers.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 23, 2012 10:03 AM

hello there jatica, 

Once you click to "REPLY", you will be in the Compose tab of the post you are responding to.  If you then click on the word "Quote" in the grey box area above the box you are typing in you'll see that brings that poster's comment into your Reply like this. 

jatica:

Me too and now it's 2012! I have the same questions as the previous posters and one other...how do I add a quote to the bottom of my answers.

hope this helps you. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 5
TANGLETWIST Star [*] wrote
on Feb 27, 2012 3:09 PM

This is a sort of question AND test.  I'm new to the forums and want to use them to join the Sockupied KAL.  I wondered if we had to sign up separately for the forums.  It appears not since I am able to post a comment.  So I assume that just being signed in to my Interweave account gives me forum access.  I also assume then that everything on this site is tied to my main Interweave account.  Thanks ...  Big Smile  Yes

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 27, 2012 3:57 PM

Hi Knitzie, 

Hope you enjoy the kal.  As long as you are "signed in" you can reply to posts or post a new one from yourself.  Also I forgot to say in my last answer that regarding the little clip of boxes below your icon on the left:  If you just put your cursor over it, it will tell you what ranking you have as to the number of posts the member has made. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Mar 10, 2012 2:50 PM

This is the first time I have ever posted and I have alot to learn.

I do want to say that I really enjoyed Kathleen's article today on En Pointe. I liked having different models and commenting on the size needed and the how-to's to get a great fit. I have not seen her do this before, but I sure hope it will not be the last time that it is done. I am a seasoned knitter of many years, but still learned a wealth of information from the article today.

Will this get to Kathleen? Where is the place to post if it is not? I do not belong to Facebook. I do belong to Ravelry.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS