Yarn holder for Portuguese knitting

This post has 20 Replies | 9 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 5
MickeyNDY wrote
on May 8, 2012 6:13 PM

Try here, also.  These look authentic and they are only $5.00 also.
http://shop.knittingtemptations.com/products/Portuguese-Knitting-Pins.html

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,770
ZassZ wrote
on May 9, 2012 1:31 PM

When I read this post, I remembered seeing an article in one of my Vogue Knitting mags, so I just searched and pulled up this page with a whole slew of pics of all kinds of different ones.  I enjoyed looking at these. 

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=att-portal&va=vogue+portuguese+knitting+pins 

One of these was made similar to metal bookmark I have with beads on one end and other ends is crooked.  It would only take a "bending" in the right place to turn into one of these.  The magnetc one in purple looks interesting as well.  It's round in shape, looks like a button, and another has 3 purple stones set in silver. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
mjtorrence wrote
on May 28, 2012 10:25 PM

I tried this and it works yay😊

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,770
ZassZ wrote
on May 29, 2012 9:30 PM

Hi mjtorrence,

Hey that's great.  That metal bookmark I had purchased some time ago from Pier One Imports on sale.  It somehow ended up in my car glove compartment.  I always thought this thing could be useful some day!  It's perfect because it already has the crook in it. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
sunshine22 wrote
on Feb 11, 2013 10:06 AM

I am just trying to learn how to Portugese knit and I thought I might try and make a knitting pin out of a paper clip. If that does not work I guess I will be sock shopping.Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 1
jacmak66 wrote
on Feb 5, 2014 10:18 PM

GREAT IDEA I WILL TRY IT

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS