Friends

This post has 9 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
minimerlin wrote
on Nov 20, 2009 8:02 PM

I an in the middle of a big fight with my beat friend. You see my other friend said that her hair looks like straw, which it does, so I agreed. Now she hasnt talked to me except on the computer. I kinda want to patch things up but, then again i don't because she does this all the time. What should I do!?!?Tongue Tied

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
AmyS@25 wrote
on Nov 30, 2009 5:49 AM

Dear minimerlin,

Have you tried saying that you are sorry? Even if you do think that her hair looks like straw you could tell her that you are sorry for hurting her feelings. She talks to you on the computer , so maybe she still wants to be friends. Some people get thier feelings hurt easy,and that is just the way that they are. I guess that you have to decide if you can handle her wearing her heart on her sleeve, as they say. If it were me, I would start with the "I'm sorry I hurt you "and see what happens.

AmyWilted Flower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Dec 7, 2009 7:37 PM

Hi minimerlin,

As a way of making up or smoothing things over, you could also buy her some cholesterol hair treatments.  (I am a hairstylist and have come across a lot of "straw").  Also bring over some nail polish and while you are both having the cholesterol treatments, do each others' nails.  The cholesterol treatments make a person's hair feel and behave rather wonderfully, you don't need to have straw hair to benefit from them.  Walmart carries several choices.

Good luck and happy hair to both of you,

Zoe

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 74
on Jan 4, 2012 11:22 AM

What a random comment to throw at your friend. I completely understand why she feels hurt. Most people do NOT want to be told out of the blue that their appearance is not that glamourous. Perhaps you appreciate being told straight to your face when your hair looks bad, which is fine, but most people don't want to be told unless they are actively seeking advice.

Anyway, I agree with the others: say you're sorry! She has not given up talking to you, but the fact that she would rather talk online than face to face suggests that she might not want you around her hair right now. Maybe she also feels embarrassed.

That said, let me add two things:

1. I am just a stranger. I've only responded to the information given - yes, that is my disclaimer!
  2. So much time has gone by since the last reply that this post is probably useless now anyway. If that is the case, then I hope that you and your friend have worked things out.
Smile Happy friendshipping!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 74
on Jan 4, 2012 11:26 AM

Lol - I have just had a  closer look at the posting dates. What a rip off, I gave out free advice for nothing!

Not Ranked
Posts 6
jatica wrote
on Jan 18, 2012 12:03 PM

If it makes you feel any better....I'm here and to quote Dr. Crane..."I'm listening" Geeked

Not Ranked
Posts 4
natalie26 wrote
on Feb 6, 2012 3:40 PM

Talk to her in private. I know the feeling of loosing a best friend. Don't loose hope, try to bring back the old days when you were still best of friends. Know what? PRAYER can help a lot!

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

napoleon fireplace

napoleon stoves

Not Ranked
Posts 13
on Mar 22, 2012 5:47 AM

OK, so some time has gone by.  What happened?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
Ferozkhan wrote
on Jun 19, 2012 8:57 AM

Go directly to her bring a tear (fake or real does not matter) in your eyesWink and say sorry ! 

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS