Welcome!

This post has 179 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 2 users
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Debbie@3 wrote
on May 21, 2009 5:52 PM

Hello Jeanine, I'm Debbie from Daytona Beach and I also love to knit. I have made and sent several sweaters for children to Knit for Kids through Guideposts Magazine. They have easy patterns that can be downloaded and made for a variety of sizes. The website is knitforkids@guidepost.org. I wish you luck and success.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
liz@8 wrote
on Jun 10, 2009 1:32 PM

Hello from Texas! I am new to KD. I have been looking for a place to confide, learn and talk knitting! I was taught to knit by a German friend while in Germany. I still have much to learn, I have done afghans, scarves (plenty) and today a friend started to teach me socks! All the needles were stressing me out, but I am determined not to give up this time...Anyone with any advice, please pass it along. I am in the Austin area, if anyone has a group and would like a newcomer please let me know. I currently knit alone, but know it would be nice to have others knit chicks around! Take care and happy knitting.Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Judy A Ivey wrote
on Jun 14, 2009 1:00 AM

Hi I am Judy and I knit and crochet , but I'd rather knit . I am from Mississippi. I have been knitting since 1971 and crochet too .I have  one sock done and the other one on the needles .I have a blog the address is http://judy-tishomingo.blogspot.com .

Judy

Not Ranked
Posts 1
J3SS wrote
on Jun 17, 2009 5:38 PM

does anybody see an upload button on the reader gallery page? I don't see a form, but I'm using an off-brand browser...

thanks!

jess.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Jun 17, 2009 5:45 PM

Hello,

I'm Kathleen and, as my name says, I live in Gloucester, MA. I've been  knitter since I was a little kid and am also an avid seamstress. I especially love knitting lace. I have a blog where I talk about all kinds of things but knitting seems to be among the many things I go on and on about.

I look forward to participating here.

Kathleen Valentine

Gloucester, MA

Parlez-Moi Blog

Mermaid Shawl

Not Ranked
Posts 1
SallyS@2 wrote
on Jun 19, 2009 6:51 AM

Sandi,

The new format is really nice, much more like the magazine. Soothing, calming colors...great.

I love opening the Knitting Daily "mail" every day. Always something interesting to look at.

Keep up the good work.

SallyS

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Kush wrote
on Jun 23, 2009 8:21 AM

Hi EllieW,

I'm Carol from New Jersey.I'm 3 years short of the half century mark for knitting myself so we must be in the same baby boomer area.I still have some tiny sweaters I knitted for my Barbie dolls back in the day.  If your stash is anything like mine new hiding place ideas are always welcome.  I found those plastic bags that you can suck all the air out of to be a huge help. I have two giant sized ones in my attic but new treasures are always welcome and find a safe spot somewhere in the house.  Nice combo - a knitting lawyer. Take care

Carol

Not Ranked
Posts 1
debbyhowe wrote
on Jun 28, 2009 9:50 PM

Hi I'm Debby from Oregon.  My grandma taught me to knit when I was a young child, but really just started since the birth of my granddaughter.  Looking forward to hearing from other knitters.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Feb 4, 2010 9:52 AM

Hi Sandi,

I've got to learn how to do this posting  thing, I am new at it.  I was just wondering where you got the felted floral bag pattern (4/11/2007). 

Thank you,

Jackie

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Marylou Good wrote
on Feb 5, 2010 7:43 AM

Hello.  I am looking for some help.  In the baby knitting free patterns have you ever made the duck booties?  I am having some problems with the pattern and am looking for some help.

Thanks

Marylou

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Marylou Good wrote
on Feb 5, 2010 7:51 AM

Ask at your local hospitals.  They are always looking for caps, sweaters, and blankets for new babies.  Also nursing homes are always looking for lap blankets and shoulder wraps. Pick your age group, and knit away!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 20
Bbelle wrote
on Feb 5, 2010 2:42 PM

I'm so happy to find this site!  I have been knitting since I learned to walk and am always happy to find new 'stuff'!

I live in the Sunny Okanagan region of the interior of Beautiful British Columbia.  Shopping for projects here is often a challenge but we do have a few shops here and in the neighbouring town that provide us with some great expert knitters and the products they are carrying these days are fantastic and improving each time I visit. 

I am currently finishing a circular lace shawl from Meg Swanson's book, A gathering of lace (great book, easy to follow patterns) and a pair of socks from the Luxury Sock Knitter's club as advertised in Interweave Knits.  I'm not a speedy knitter as I work full time - working just gets in the way of all the stuff I like to do - but I love knitting, it follows me everywhere. 

I will be accompanying my partner to Seattle for a week of retreat time in third week of March so will be looking forward to finding a shop while I'm there...anyone able to offer suggestions?

Thanks, Sandi, for this world of knitting where we can come together to share!

Brenda  :o)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 20
Bbelle wrote
on Feb 5, 2010 2:47 PM

Good ideas!

Another item came up at the extended care home that I work at...

As people advance in their age and their illnesses, they spend alot of time in hospital gowns.  We try to keep them appropriately covered as old people are always chilly or feel a draft.  We put lap robes over their legs but they fall off very easily.  One of our staff began cutting sleeves off of old discarded sweaters and turned them into leg warmers.  We have since began knitting leg warmers for the residents in beautifully coloured acrylic yarns that can easily be washed and won't cause rashes or rubs.  Just a simple pattern of ribbing to an appropriate length.  The residents love them as they feel warm and enjoy the colours.  We staff love them too because we don't have to worry so much about checking the blankets or making sure that they don't get caught in the wheels on the chairs.

Thank you, on behalf of the recipients of your handiwork - it truly is appreciated and loved!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Feb 5, 2010 5:27 PM

Dear Bbelle

My name is Joy and I live in Gardena CA .  I am a retired nurse and can relate

to your present delema.

I knit every day and I'm thinking that an hour a day dedicated to knitting leg warmers would be of some help to you.

Where may I send the leg warmers once I have made them?

My stash is small but large enough to frustrate my efforts to maintain my studio apartment in order.

Hope I can help.  Thus reducing my multi-colored stash.

Leatricejoy Cooper(Joy)

Not Ranked
Posts 1
MelindaW@12 wrote
on Sep 2, 2010 10:26 AM

Sandy, I just got done reading over a post you did about a year ago on how to use blocking wires to block a lace shawl.  I wanted to write and tell you how enjoyable the article was.  I did knit a shawl for myself, but it was a long rectangular one (rather like a wide scarf!). I ended up blocking it with a LOT of rust-proof pins, and it took several hours to get the thing done.  Oh, how I wish I had ready your article back then.  Using blocking wires would have made the job much simpler!  I definitely plan on referencing your article in the future.

Keep up the great work!

Melinda Walsh

Page 12 of 12 (180 items) « First ...  < Previous  8 9 10 11 12 | RSS