Wild Day in Northern Colorado

This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 117
Kat wrote
on May 23, 2008 7:47 AM

Howdy All,

For those of you that might know, Interweave's Loveland offices are about 15 miles from the Windsor tornado. It sounds like everyone is OK here.  More as folks come in today.

Cheers!

No matter where you go, there you are.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 29
FiberFriend wrote
on May 23, 2008 10:40 AM

Hope everyone's ok there.  Sure can be scary we got some in the neighborhood here in Virginia, but thankfully no one was seriously injured.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
fishie wrote
on May 23, 2008 1:36 PM

Tornado in Colorado?  Wow.  In Western Washington, all we really have to worry about are earthquakes and possible volcanic erruptions, neither of which happen too often.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
Terry Morris wrote
on May 23, 2008 1:39 PM

Scary! Glad to hear everyone is all right. I used to live in a tornado area (Georgia) and sure don't miss them!

We have hurricane season down here in the tropics - starting June 1st and lasting thru October. I'll be safely tucked away in a marina then - not anchored out in small coves. Just gotta keep my eye on the weather forecasts and hang on tight!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 117
Kat wrote
on May 23, 2008 1:46 PM

As far as I've heard, everyone is OK. We had one person's father have some damage up in Laramie, and I think Sandi lost a few roof shingles. The twister passed within a 1/4 of me mum's place Surprise, but she and her kitty are well and camped with us for a few days.

Cheers!

Kat

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Terri@2 wrote
on May 23, 2008 2:30 PM

Yep.  I sat in the basement while one touched down 50 meters from the house on Mother's Day in Macon, GA.  The house needs a new roof now (just lost shingles), but much of Macon was more severly damaged.  Glad you're all okay.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
JannyW wrote
on May 23, 2008 3:50 PM

We have hurricane season here too.  Everyone is saying we're due for a big one ... sure hope they're wrong!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 22
TygherKnits wrote
on May 23, 2008 4:01 PM

Hope all is well out there! We had some 'reported' tornadoes around here recently. Scarey! I've lived here for 10 years and not had a single worry about them .. this year though .. I've heard those sirens go off three times!

"I don't cause commotions. I am one."  Elphaba. Wicked. Act 1. Scene 11 - The Lion Cub

Not Ranked
Posts 1
RuthW wrote
on May 23, 2008 6:09 PM

How are things today - May 23, 2008 - day after the wild weather and tornadoes? My daughter is in Windsor and her husband works in Laramie - but they escaped damage. Glad I live in Vermont where I don't have to worry about such weather. I was wondering about you folks. My daughter got married in Loveland last year. Maybe, if this keeps up she will come back to Vermont!!Wink But I am concerned for all the people who have lost their homes. Glad Sandi just had shingle damage. Say "HI" to everyone! Glad you are safe.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
NancyR wrote
on May 23, 2008 6:30 PM

It WAS a wild day.  My son works in Windsor and was on the phone on his way to work yesterday saying:  gee MOM this hail is really big and the clouds are really low and dark and swirly!  I'm working in Cheyenne and freaking out.  Didn't  know whether to tell him to stay or go. He got to windsor just as people were coming out of their homes to survey the damage.  that kid gives me heart failure!! 

As for me I spent a few hours in the basement at work in cheyenne yesterday and today (friday).  was nervous so I didn't want to knit and screw something up!!

Nancy

in Fort COllins

Not Ranked
Posts 4
GaylaG wrote
on May 23, 2008 7:03 PM

Sure hope everyone's okay.  I grew up in NW Florida so I know how scary and deadly tornadoes are.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 117
Kat wrote
on May 23, 2008 8:09 PM

Ruth, it was relatively quiet. The winds whipped up in Fort Collins this afternoon, and there was another tornado warning over in Weld county, but it all passed uneventfully, as far as I know

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
PrincessG wrote
on May 24, 2008 8:00 PM

Oh my gosh!

im over in australia and i heard it on the news the other day. i hope everyone is ok!

xoxo

PrincessG         

Dont take people for granted, beacuse one day you will realise you have lost a diamond while you were too buysing collecting stones....

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS