The Official Heather Hoodie Vest KAL Forum

This post has 238 Replies | 21 Followers rated by 7 users
Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Mar 8, 2010 4:59 AM

Hello Annie and Michele

Thank you so very much for your help with this.
Thanks Michelle for your kind offer - I've sent a separate email to you.

This is the first time I have participated in a knitting forum and wasn’t sure what response I’d get, especially as the KAL has about finished for many people.

I really appreciate the helpful info on yarn weight, needle size and gauge.
I bought some bulky yarn at a car boot sale last autumn which I think will be good for this pattern.
I expect I’m like so many, who buy yarn when I see it for sale cheaply, then wonder what on earth I going to make!
I’ve not attempted cable in years but feel encouraged by everyone’s enthusiasm on this forum.

Many, many thanks again.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
LaurainATL wrote
on Mar 10, 2010 9:12 AM

SusanD@96 - Thanks for the nice comment about the color. I seem to be buying a mostly green yarn lately.  Still haven't quite finished the project - on the last few rows of the button band.  I hope to have picture(s) of the completed project this weekend!

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Mar 13, 2010 1:00 PM

Yes I did not start the KAL when everyone else did. No less, I am done with the back and have completed the rib for both the left and right fronts. Now I am having a problem. I have 48 stitches for each panel. I am ready to begin knitting the pattern row. The numbers do not add up. I printed the errata, but that doesn't make sense either. Am I missing something?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 160
Beehiveof8 wrote
on Mar 13, 2010 1:22 PM

Sorry for such a newbie question... but would bulky Lopi work for this?

~Lisa

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Mar 14, 2010 11:56 AM

Went to my local knit shop and they got me streightened out.

Hooray!!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
SheriH@3 wrote
on Mar 15, 2010 7:50 AM

Kathleen--

i'm interested in making this--i guess seeing it on the KAL inspired me.  but the magazine is out of print--is it available as a single pattern?  thanks, S.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Mar 17, 2010 7:25 AM

You can download the pattern (Central Park Hoodie) from www.ravelry.com for $5.50.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Mar 17, 2010 7:27 AM

You can use any yarn as long as you get gauge!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
LaurainATL wrote
on Mar 20, 2010 9:25 AM

Yay! Finally finished last weekend.  Very excited about completing my first KAL. And it was actually still cool enough in ATL to wear it.

(Getting an error trying to post a photo and will try again later.)

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Pat@246 wrote
on Mar 20, 2010 1:01 PM

Hello Kathleen:

I would love to knit this and am a little late for the Knit Along I know.  I am not able to obtain the copy of the Knitscene magazine where it appeared as it is now out of stock.  Is there any way that I can obtain the pattern now?

Pat

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 122
Kelleigh wrote
on Mar 20, 2010 3:53 PM

Pat@246:

Hello Kathleen:

I would love to knit this and am a little late for the Knit Along I know.  I am not able to obtain the copy of the Knitscene magazine where it appeared as it is now out of stock.  Is there any way that I can obtain the pattern now?

Pat

Pat,

You can get the whole magazine as an electronic download in the Interweave Store here on the site.  Just go to the top of the page and click on "Store" then click on magazines and then "Knitscene", I think.  I just wanted two patterns so I did not buy the whole mag.  Just can't afford some things right now.

Good luck on your hooded vest!  Big Smile

KELLEIGH~~

Not Ranked
Posts 1
MeganK@8 wrote
on Apr 1, 2010 12:07 AM

Hi Kathleen,

I am keen to knit the Heather Hoodie but the relevant Knit Scene is sold out. Any chance the pattern will be released for purchase soon on the Interweave site?

Megan

Not Ranked
Posts 1
vegeknit wrote
on May 5, 2010 11:24 AM

It is five  months later and I still cannot believe that you started a KAL with a pattern that was going to be unavailable to most of your readers. I really was quite inclined to join this but when it started, the magazine was off the shelves and no longer available and the pattern was not available as a stand alone at Interweave either. In fact, at the time the electronic version was also not available. But in any case, a big NO THANKS to the "electronic" version of the magazine at the same price as a the print version. This has left such a bad taste in my mouth that we are two KALs later and I doubt I will be joining any of them, ever. I know, no big loss. But if I feel this way, there may be others and it is obviously a good way to sell patterns. The KAL's should ONLY be for patterns that are current and available or you should offer them to exclusively to subscribers instead of getting our hopes up for a cute pattern that no longer exists.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,463
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on May 5, 2010 12:05 PM

Hi Vege,

This was my error—choosing a pattern in a current magazine—I'm only choosing patterns available in the store now, so you can be sure the pattern will be available if you so choose to join a KAL in the future.

Kathleen

Page 16 of 16 (239 items) « First ...  < Previous  12 13 14 15 16 | RSS