where did all the photos go?

This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers rated by 2 users
Not Ranked
Posts 1
egana wrote
on May 23, 2008 1:15 PM

I like the new look, but I miss the photos...

is there something I need to do to enable images or something?

Not Ranked
Posts 12
T. J. wrote
on May 23, 2008 1:19 PM

Which photos are you referring too? The Galleries? If so, you can find them here:

http://www.knittingdaily.com/galleries/

T. J.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Jeri Lea K wrote
on May 23, 2008 1:20 PM

I agree.  I noticed that I couldn't browse pattern categories by photographs right away, and was pretty disappointed.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Jeri Lea K wrote
on May 23, 2008 1:22 PM

I can't speak for egana but I am dearly missing the photos of patterns in the free pattern section.  You can't see them until you click on a description, and who has time to browse descriptions and click on each one to look at them!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
KathyM@6 wrote
on May 23, 2008 1:40 PM

I agree .. there should be little thumbnail photo's at least when you open the pattern page.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 290
Editor
KD Sandi wrote
on May 23, 2008 2:18 PM

I promise you, this is my top MUST HAVE. I have been bugging the back-end folks about this for a few days, ever since I discovered it. They are working on it...apparently it is not as easy as one might think.

What I did do was to go in and hand-edit every single text summary of the patterns, to make sure that at least those summaries were descriptive.

But photos would be better. I totally agree. Cross fingers and maybe if we send the back-end folks some chocolate?

Hang in there...and thanks for letting me know I wasn't the only one who wants this!!

KD Sandi

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Jeri Lea K wrote
on May 23, 2008 2:37 PM

Thanks, Sandi! 

I hate to seem like I have only complaints about what is probably going to be a lovely change once all the kinks are worked out of it, but while you're bugging those back-end folks, can you mention that the site no longer "remembers" me, even though the remember me box is checked?  I use KD as my home page so I'm sure to see it every day, and what a nuisance if I have to enter my user name and password every time.  And if I'm reporting these problems in the wrong place, forgive me -- I don't know my way around this site yet!  Feel free to delete this.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 22
Lana wrote
on May 23, 2008 2:43 PM

Hi Sandi,

Thank you for looking into the photos for the patterns. And I also had some trouble with the site remembering me the next time I entered.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 290
Editor
KD Sandi wrote
on May 23, 2008 3:50 PM

Jeri Lea, you are not alone...'cuz guess what.

The KD site does not remember ME, either.

Is that hilarious, or what? I mean. C'mon. Silly.

I will let the backend folks know that it is not just me, so thanks for letting me know that. Whew. I was beginning to take it just a weensy bit personally, you know? Like, That Darn Sandi, she's just been bugging us all day, so we'll just kick her off the site a few times.

LOL

KD Sandi

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 22
TygherKnits wrote
on May 23, 2008 4:03 PM

I have chocolate to donate, if that'll help.

Seriously though, I do love the new look. And if the photos just can't return .. well .. I'll just have to add one extra click to my surfing!

"I don't cause commotions. I am one."  Elphaba. Wicked. Act 1. Scene 11 - The Lion Cub

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 260
Tephra wrote
on May 25, 2008 5:05 PM

When you're bugging the back end folks could you maybe ask if they could link some larger images to the thumbnails? My vision isn't getting any better with age. :)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 290
Editor
KD Sandi wrote
on May 27, 2008 10:09 AM

I'm adding the thumbnails to the summaries right now, so give me a bit...I have to do each one individually. And then it will be DONE! Yay!

Larger images...good idea. Let me put that on the List and see what we can do.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 290
Editor
KD Sandi wrote
on May 27, 2008 10:59 AM

I spoke to soon. Adding the photos breaks something else, so we are halfway there! Working on it....

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS