Your Favorite Knitting Needles ???

This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Jan 30, 2010 6:53 PM

I know there are lots of online and walk-in options for purchasing knitting supplies, but I'm finding it hard to locate a vendor to purchase REALLY top quality knitting needles, metal, wood OR bone, I have several that I purchased about 100 years ago. They have no identifiable information on them and I've even searched e-bay with no luck of finding similar so I guess they are no longer available. I would just like to get needles and stitch holders that are a bit better grade than that found in the "dollar-type" stores. Anyone have a favorite supplier for this?

Not trying to be "ilitist" !      Its just that - for the hours that I am spending knitting now and my hands are               (as I mentioned - about 100 years old now!) the better quality (balance and feel) tools will allow me to enjoy knitting more and longer   :o)

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 35
SheilaB@23 wrote
on Feb 6, 2010 6:48 AM

Hi

Your amazing being able to knit when you are over 100.  Usually buy my needles at  Walmark or Zellers.  I found needles made in Germany at

http://ramwools.com/

Sheila

Not Ranked
Posts 3
MissyCarole wrote
on Mar 21, 2010 7:23 AM

I have been using the Denise interchangeable knitting needles and love them.  They are very smooth for knitting with all yarns.  They are in sizes 5-15 US - can be used as circular or straight.  Check them out.  Oh yeah, they are "travel friendly" also (at least at this time).  :-)

Life's Perfect Moments are "Now.....

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Mar 21, 2010 9:34 AM

Hi B Mari,

I have found that for myself, the Unique brand of knitting needles suits me just fine.  They are light and not heavy and the tips are not blunt and then suddenly expand into the needle body.  They are nicely tapered and my yarns slide just great on them.  I have never felt the need to go to expensive needles.  Wal-mart and Zellers and most any knit section in a store will carry them.  The Unique needles also have no identifiable markings on them.

Unique works for me,  Zoe

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS