THE OFFICIAL MINIMALIST CARDIGAN POST

This post has 776 Replies | 30 Followers rated by 19 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 160
Beehiveof8 wrote
on Jul 26, 2010 9:04 PM

Kathleen, your sweater looks great!

Still working when I can on mine... slowly but surely, it is getting done.  I am shaping the cap to the sleeve currently. 

Judy, I have some confusion on the sleeve top instructions as well.  Hoping that when I get to that part I'll be able to see better what I am supposed to do.

Happy knitting ya'll!

~Lisa

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 94
SusanD@96 wrote
on Jul 27, 2010 10:58 PM

Kathleen,

Good job on your cardigan. 

susan

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 160
Beehiveof8 wrote
on Sep 18, 2010 9:16 PM

My cardi is done.  I'm rather disappointed in it.  After carefully blocking, the sleeve cas came out too long, the sleeves are too wide and way too long, and the shoulders way too wide.  Help!  can I get it back to a cute little sweater, or am I stuck with an ill fitting, nasty looking creation?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Sep 18, 2010 9:40 PM

Beehiveof8,

Oh, don't give up yet.  Perhaps you could turn the sleeve up as a cuff,  and even sew a button on it to keep it in place.  Or fix the too wide sleeve by steeking.  Try pinning first to the fit you want or put it on inside out and run a basting thread of a contrasting color on a large crewel needle along the sleeve area where you want to take it in a little.  Then turn it right side out and see how if fits and looks.  If it's better, then you could steek.  Just a suggestion. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 160
Beehiveof8 wrote
on Sep 18, 2010 9:48 PM

I like the idea of turning up the sleeve to form a cuff! 

For the shoulders my grandmother gave me this tip:  I can run a running stitch (same color yarn) along the shoulder seam, and then pull it up a bit to a narrower width and anchor the running stitch yarn on the inside, so it won't be seen.  I might try that.  It will be easy enough to take out if Idon't like it.

What is steeking?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Sep 18, 2010 9:58 PM

Oh  good.  You could use a pretty or interesting button to set it off.  For the steeking, just type "steeking" in search box here.  I just checke for you and there are about 4 pages of info under steeking.  So you start out by reading about it here and see if that is something you could do. 

Also taking it up at the shoulder would work too. I was thinking the sleeves were to wide and yes that would pull them up to the point where and if they do narrow down.  2 head or 3 heads are better than 1.

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 160
Beehiveof8 wrote
on Sep 18, 2010 10:01 PM

Thank you so much for your help and encouragement!  I'm hopeful this project isn't a lost cause. :D

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Sep 18, 2010 10:06 PM

Beehiveof8,

It won't be.  It's never a lost cause, when you walk away and get a breather, you can go back and do what you have to do to make it "right" for "you".  Your grandmother had a good solution too and I know you won't waste all that yarn and time you put in.  It will look just as nice as anyone's - you'll see.  Yes  What color is your yarn? 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 160
Beehiveof8 wrote
on Sep 21, 2010 10:23 AM

It's done!  I had to alter it and put it back together, but I'm so glad I did.  

See the big smile?  that is because this is the first adult sized sweater I have ever done! LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 155
klandreneau wrote
on Feb 16, 2011 7:37 AM

MyleneL,

I am going through the KAL for the minimalist cardigan and came upon yours.  Looks really nice.  Just downloaded my pattern and am considering making one---scarred b/c I've never made a garment, just hats, scarves, fingerless mitts, and working on my first pair of socks--anyway, the directions look a bit "Greek-ish!"  lol  I will swatch and see.  

Thanks for the inspiration!

Katherine

Not Ranked
Posts 9
seeke wrote
on Jun 22, 2012 7:06 PM

Kathleen,

I know this KA has finished, but I am going to make this cardigan anyway after having discovered it while browsing the forum.  This is really an awesome pattern, exactly my style. I have this brick red merino yarn that is going to be just perfect ! Thanks for providing so many great patterns !

Christel

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jun 25, 2012 7:21 PM

Hi Beehiveof8,

And so it did turn out wonderful.  I didn't see your pic until just now, so glad I went back to look.  I can't help feeling like a part of the process too, but you did all the hard work.  I also like your color.  Which yarn was that?  Are you making anything at the moment? 

Page 52 of 52 (777 items) « First ...  < Previous  48 49 50 51 52 | RSS