Huntington Castle Pullover

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
patpritchett wrote
on Mar 18, 2010 4:39 AM

Hi,  It's my first time with this so please bear with me.  I'm in the process of knitting the Huntington Castle Pullover for my daughter and have got to the cast off part of the first sleeve and if I follow the directions of the pattern it comes up short to fit the armhole on the body.  Am I just being thick?  If anyone has come across this problem could they please help.

I don't mind if the answer is I'm thick would just like to get it right, I can fudge it but don't really want to do that.

Regards Pat

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 987
AndreaW wrote
on Mar 18, 2010 12:34 PM

Hi Pat...

I'm sorry...but that is one of the issues (Fall 2004) I don't have...or I'de be happy to try + help you. I did try googling the name + saw several people on the search that had made it. If no one here answers w/ help.....perhaps you could try to email someone who has made it...thru their blog. Most knitters are happy to help others.

One I read over briefly was this one: http://tiennieknits.typepad.com/tiennie_knits/2007/02/huntington_cast.html

She made hers in 2007 I think...there are some pics...+ I think some mention/ link to other pics/ modification?  Worth a try maybe?

Good Luck .... Andrea

Not Ranked
Posts 3
patpritchett wrote
on Mar 19, 2010 7:08 AM

Thank you Andrea it's nice of you to help,

I've had a look at this link the jumper looks really nice so pleased I chose to knit it for my daughter.  

By the time I got your reply I had become itchy to try and fix it so I had gritted my teeth and I hope solved the problem , well at least the sleeve fits the hole now!

I'm one of the sad people who can't put my knitting down (or so my friends think).

Regards Pat in sunny Turkey x

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS