Felted rock door stop

This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Franki wrote
on Apr 2, 2010 1:14 AM

I recently saw an article about felting/boiling yarn covering a rock to serve as a doorstop.  I can't recall where I saw it.  But it would sure look better than a Yankees handbag with a rock in it which sits in our dining room.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Enid

Not Ranked
Posts 1
BarbaraE@9 wrote
on Apr 21, 2010 5:23 AM

I would imagine that you would need to use roving or raw fleece with hot water and a little dish soap.  You would put layers of the fleece around the rock, alternating the direction of the fibers.  With a little hot water and dish soap, use your hands to "agitate" the fibers until they tighten up around the rock.  I have done this by covering a bar od soap, and you have a bath scrubbie.  You need to make sure that your have sufficient layers of fleece on the rock before you begin to felt, because it may be difficult to add layers once the felting process begins.     Barbara

Not Ranked
Posts 1
jimmy1 wrote
on Jan 24, 2011 10:32 PM

hi guys,,,,
nice discussion is going on ,,,
it proves very helpful for me,,,and also i enjoyed it,,,,
it should be helpful for everyone,,,
and also enjoyed it,,,,,
thanks,,,,

ccda
mcp
ccnp

jimmy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,771
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 30, 2011 10:35 PM

BarbaraE

What an ingenious idea.  And inexpensive as well. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS