Storing Circular Needle's

This post has 21 Replies | 7 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Jan B. wrote
on Feb 7, 2011 3:17 PM

Sure do, and I have a lot of them so it really saves my time putting individual needles through a size measurer.  The best solution is a device called the Circular Solution.  It is available online and costs about $25, but it is worth every penny.  It is made of a sturdy duck-type fabric and hangs from a hanger with stitched in horizontal slots for every needle size.  When I want one, all I have to do is measure the length!  I highly recommend this!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 84
on Feb 13, 2011 11:34 AM

To get the curl out of the cable, run it under hot or boiling water and it will uncurl. Careful not to scald yourself.

If I leave my circulars out, my daughter and my cats think they are toys. I never know where they will end up. I need to put them away "out of sight and out of mind" our else.

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Ronaye wrote
on Feb 19, 2011 11:50 PM

I'm a new member here but a knitter whose first project started in 1968. Recently needed to sort my own needles out & I used electrical tubing which shrinks when heated with a hair dryer, worked very well & sizes can be written on in fine texta pen.

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Ronaye wrote
on Feb 19, 2011 11:59 PM

I also made up a book like a file & added curtain tape to the lower half of the folded section. I made sure the tape allowed for needles to pass through & then I could add a towel tape with snaps to the top area to hold down the looped centre of the circular needles. A zipper could be added to the outer edge for more control of the contents.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
ange1a wrote
on Apr 4, 2011 11:13 AM

I use a large hair clip (the springy type, with teeth) and clip the cords together in a bundle.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 8, 2011 3:45 PM

ZassZ:

Hi all

This was addressed back in November, 2010 under general knitting discussions, How Do I? re Kinks in Circular Needles.  I copied it below for you. 

ZassZ:

ZassZ:

The needles don't stay curled or kinked up because there's a little trick to keeping them uncurled.  Do you want to know what that is? 

Hi - the secret is to put a small pot of water on.  Bring to boil.  Turn off heat.  Hold needles in a u shape over the pot.  Dip your plastic cord portion only into the water for approx. 1 min.  Take out of water and then hold needle straight from one tip end and let hang straight down.  Then run your fingertips down the length of cord.  As the plastic cools it will be straight.  Do not put the portion in water where it joins, only up to about an inch away on each side from where they join.  Once you do this they will stay straightened out and you won't have to bother with it again.  Yes  I got this tip a long time ago and have used it ever since.  Have never had a pair of circulars give me any problem after that nor have they come apart.   It really works well.   

If you want you can also go back and read the other posts with suggestions for this as well.  Hope you try it it really works and you only have to do it one time when you boil the water first as directed above.  Wink

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 8
jean02 wrote
on Feb 18, 2012 2:27 PM

love it!!

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS