Sandi's Magazine Sweater Reviews

This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 16
Nannyfly wrote
on May 3, 2010 12:01 PM

I used to love Sandi's website feature showing readers how several sweaters from the latest Interweave Magazine looked on different body types...namely Knitting Daily employees.  We as readers could comment on the fit and see how a sweater might look on our own body type thus helping us to decide what to knit.  Am I missing the email or has this fun feature been eliminated?  If so, PLEASE bring it back!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on May 8, 2010 8:05 AM

I really liked that feature as well.  It was so helpful to visualize. I second the PLEASE bring it backNannyfly

Speaking of Sandi, I have been out of touch for a while.  When did she leave Knitting Daily (or did she?), what is she doing now? I thought she was great at her job (what a dreamy job!)

Not Ranked
Posts 4
JoyH wrote
on May 24, 2010 7:06 AM

I apologize if I offend anyone; but, I'm finding Kathleen's contributions to the Knitting Daily  newsletter to be a complete waste of my time and hers. Usually the only posts that aren't an offer to sell something or an introduction to an outside author's recently published work for sale are the work of Eunny or some other staff member or other knowledgeable knitter. Kathleen's contributions seem to limited to her remembrances of a past project she knitted or an encouragement to join her and others in a KAL. 

I found Sandi's contributions as editor much more helpful to a new member of the knitting fold. They were almost always instructive and informative, even if I was not working on the same project as she. I realize that she has moved on, for whatever reasons, in her life and career; but Kathleen seems to me to have turned out to be a poor choice to replace her--regardless of Kathleen's personal skills and talents that are useful to the website and the magazine. She just doesn't seem to be able to connect with readers. I would hope that we as a group are able to adapt to new and different editors, but Kathleen appears to have a very 'loose' picture of what the website used to offer to our knitting lives and growth. 

Again, my apologies for any unintended offense found in this message.  Joy Heiens

Not Ranked
Posts 3
angelicmae12 wrote
on Dec 3, 2010 11:37 AM

I also waiting for this to happen again, I am missing this feature so much, I got more reliable source and idea from this feature.

affordable modern furniture | modern dining chairs

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,771
ZassZ wrote
on Dec 3, 2010 5:31 PM

JoyH:

1.    an encouragement to join her and others in a KAL. 

1.    Perhaps that is what they are assigning her to do.  I personally, have derived enjoyment from reading from the knitters own expressions who have joined Kathleen's KAL.  Their expressions of pride and their sense of accomplishment in what the KAL has helped them to do go along way on her behalf. 

JoyH:

2.    I found Sandi's contributions as editor much more helpful to a new member of the knitting fold.

2.    There should be something here for everyone and their individual degree of skill. 

JoyH:

3.    I would hope that we as a group are able to adapt to new and different editors,

3.     As Joy says above in her own words.  Pehraps that is why there are a variety of different editors and knitters that contribute here.  Variety is the spice of life.  At times we seem to forget that each of us is an individual, not a cookie cutter pattern of another person. 

Not offended, but feel that some may have been.  Freedom of speech is a good thing. I believe that Sandi still writes articles here. The thing to do would have been to ask Sandi why she doesn't write what was wanted instead of attacking Kathleen's skills for writing about what she has been told to.  When I sign someone's paycheck that is when I tell them what to do or not do.  Wink 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Dec 3, 2010 8:02 PM

ZassZ:
I believe that Sandi still writes articles here.

Hi ZassZ,

How are you doing?  You are absolutely right about Sandi.  In case anyone wants to keep up with Sandi and what she is doing, go to the brown menu bar at the top of the page and click on the blogs.  Under the blog drop down menu, there is "Whats on Sandi's needles".  Another category is "How To" under the blog drop down menu.  These are both Sandi's writings.  I find them enjoyable! 

As time goes on, there are various directions that different companies take and changing editors and writers is one of them.  And you do as the boss says or you don't get a paycheck.  I was an employer for a couple of different companies and this is all part of things.

Happy knitting, Zoe Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 1
sally823 wrote
on Jun 2, 2013 5:17 PM

Interwear "BOSSES": I would hope that the gallery would be brought back as well. Having reached the older point in my life that the things that I used to know would look good on me no longer do; having a gallery of what your sweaters would like on different body types would go a long way towards developing a new personal style. Although to be quite honest I sell or give away what doesn't fit rather than frog or cry over it.  It would still be nice to have more than three sweaters to show for six years of knitting. Please listen to your readers "BOSSES".

Sally

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS