THE OFFICIAL SLEEVELESS TUXEDO SHIRT KAL POST

This post has 353 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 4 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 482
bessT wrote
on Jul 23, 2010 10:27 PM

DeborahC53:

I finally finished it tonight.  This was my first garment, so I stuck strickly to the pattern.  I thought about making variations, but chickened out.  But I think it looks pretty good.  I'm ready to move on!

Beautiful! Love the color, and Beedy giving approval ;)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 89
DeborahC53 wrote
on Jul 23, 2010 10:45 PM

Thanks, Bess.  Beedy isn't hard to please, though, so her approval means very little. :D

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Jul 24, 2010 10:40 AM

deborah it is so pretty! love the color and your knitting is very nice. don't sell beedy short - i can tell she is very discerning in her taste!

wear it proudly and enjoy,

sharon

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 89
DeborahC53 wrote
on Jul 24, 2010 10:47 AM

Thanks, Sharon.  It turned out much better than I thought it would. LOL!  Unfortunately, I won't be wearing it.  I made it for my niece.  I left it with her and she went on vacation so I haven't even seen it on her yet!  I hope it fit her. *crosses fingers*

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 312
sjc wrote
on Jul 24, 2010 8:15 PM

DeborahC53:
This was my first garment, so I stuck strickly to the pattern

Hi Deborah,

Your top is totally cute.  Sure wish my first garment had looked so good!  You should be proud of your accomplishment.  I'm not done with this one yet, the bib lace was a disaster for me so I'm very impressed that yours looks so beautiful.

Sherry

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 89
DeborahC53 wrote
on Jul 24, 2010 9:05 PM

Thank you very much, Sherry.  That lace became a disaster a few times for me.  Actually, moreso on the straps than the bib.  I had to take a few rows out on each one and redo them.  I hated row 12!! :D

Not Ranked
Posts 5
on Jul 31, 2010 2:39 PM

Great job deborah, I hope mine turns out as well as yours did. I've been busy clearing out my parents home as I moved my mom into a supervised living situation and her place just sold. I brought home too many things! I just couldn't bear throwing out old photos, slides my dad took when we were kids, etc. etc. What a summer vacation, drowning in stuff. TGFK, Thank God for knitting

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 89
DeborahC53 wrote
on Jul 31, 2010 10:41 PM

Thanks, Phyllis.  I'm sure yours will be great once you can get back to it.

I sympathize with your situation.  My mother passed away a few years ago and I inherited so many things including a room full of different yarns and cotton floss.  She loved crocheting afghans and making doll clothes.  Most of the yarn is cheapo acrylic, so I probably won't use it much but I just can't toss it out either.  And, like you, I have tons of old photos of family I never knew I had and still don't know who they are! 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 482
bessT wrote
on Aug 30, 2010 6:03 PM

One last post - work on this project was interrupted (what else is new?) and oh horrors, I found cat barf in my knitting bag. The shirt was complete up the front including my built-in lace panel, neck edge of which held on a stitch holder, and a vertical row of knit bobbles instead of sewing on buttons, one strap completed, live stitches on a holder (I had the idea of working the back downward from the straps), the other halfway... I sulked about this for awhile then wondered how to dispose of it. I decided to wash it, took out the stitch holders and cut off the yarn (crochet cotton used double). There was quite a curl to the hem.

Well - it washed up in the washing machine beautifully and the hem is now flat! I hadn't concerned myself with keeping the live stitches in order, I hadn't the heart to finish it but the Clea cotton and lace panel is looking so good I'm going to reclaim that part as a dainty face cloth (with bobbles!) for myself. I undertook this KAL thinking I might learn something, and it was a pleasant learning experience.

Page 24 of 24 (354 items) « First ...  < Previous  20 21 22 23 24 | RSS