Lotus Blossom Tank Pattern

This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 6
LisaJS wrote
on May 24, 2008 3:27 AM

Hi my name is lisa and i am trying to find the lotus blossom tank pattern, i did a web search and it said i could get on knittingdaily, i have registered but can not find it, can anyone help please ?

I have tried to buy an issue of interweaves summer 2006 to get this pattern, but as i am in UK and they all seem to be in US it is going to cost me about $20 plus with postage which is a lot of money as i only want this one pattern.

Or if anyone know of another pattern with the same neck line i could use that instead.

Many thanks lisa

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
PrincessG wrote
on May 24, 2008 4:04 AM

Hi Lisa

Ive looked throughout knitting daily and i cant find it anywhere. sorry

you might have to contact Sandi and ask her if they still have the pattern.

best of luck

xoxo

PrincessG         

Dont take people for granted, beacuse one day you will realise you have lost a diamond while you were too buysing collecting stones....

Not Ranked
Posts 6
LisaJS wrote
on May 24, 2008 4:08 AM

Hi

Thank you !

I have tried to email 3 times but had no reply, will try again !

Thanks again Lisa

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 25
Mirl56 wrote
on May 24, 2008 6:33 AM

Give them some time to answer, they surely will.  I bet when they realize there is demand, they will add it to the shop so you can buy just that pattern.  They are reasonably priced and I think are sold as downloads so you don't have to pay shipping.

Did you try your local ebay?  You might find a UK seller with it.  Gook luck!

Cool Marilyn

Not Ranked
Posts 6
LisaJS wrote
on May 24, 2008 7:37 AM

Hi yes have being trying ebay for weeks, there is one on the ebay now but seller has very poor feedback, so really don't want to risk it.

Will wait to see if i can buy online when they get back to me.

Thank you for your advice and help Lisa

Not Ranked
Posts 1
LouiseB wrote
on May 24, 2008 7:54 AM

Hello Lisa,

You can also try on-line shops .. Maybe they still have a copy of the magazine.

Good luck

Louise

Not Ranked
Posts 6
LisaJS wrote
on May 24, 2008 7:58 AM

Hi Louise

Thank you, but have spent hours on internet trying to find anyone in UK, US is just too expensive on postage, they want about $15 to post to UK

Many thanks lisa

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 290
Editor
KD Sandi wrote
on May 24, 2008 8:06 AM

Hi there!

The Lotus Blossom Tank is in the book Best of Interweave Knits. That's the only place it is currently available, aside from the back issue of the mag where it originally appeared.

And if you are in the UK, and you email us, and we don't answer right away...remember: it might be the middle of the night, and it might be the weekend. Our customer service folks might be superheroes (I secretly have believed this for years) but they only work regular business hours. :)

I hope this helps!

KD Sandi

Not Ranked
Posts 6
LisaJS wrote
on May 24, 2008 8:59 AM

Hi Sandi

i thought my messages were getting lost in email land as i have sent 3 over the last week and did not get reply, so thank you for getting back to me.

I have seen the book The Best of Interweave, but only really want the one pattern, did it used to be on this site as it came up as a free down load when i did a web search ?

Many thanks lisa

Not Ranked
Posts 6
AbbySue wrote
on May 25, 2008 8:27 AM

LisaJS:

I have seen the book The Best of Interweave, but only really want the one pattern, did it used to be on this site as it came up as a free down load when i did a web search ?

Hi Lisa! :)

The pattern was in fact available as a free download on KnittingDaily at one time, which is how I got it.  I believe that when it was decided it would be used in The Best of Interweave Knits it was removed from the site.

AbbySue

~ Time is forever, yet never here for long. Only if you're clever, you'll treasure it before its gone. ~

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 290
Editor
KD Sandi wrote
on May 25, 2008 8:54 AM

AbbySue is correct. It was free, then when it went into the book, we had to take it down. We didn't want to be competing with ourselves, you see. :)

Plus, I love AbbySue's avatar :)

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Betsy M Confused [8-)] wrote
on May 25, 2008 10:32 PM

Huh?I downloaded the pattern when it was on the website as a free pattern and have it in my stash of to be knitted patterns.  Is there any reason I can't simply email it to Lisa? 

I don't want to step on toes, but if I can help a fellow-knitter out I'd like to!

Thanks!

Betsy

Not Ranked
Posts 6
AbbySue wrote
on May 26, 2008 4:29 AM

Hi Betsy!Smile

I think it's great that you want to help out and I may be wrong, but to share a published pattern (no longer free) would be a violation of the forum rules (section 2)  http://www.knittingdaily.com/forums/t/449.aspx

@ Sandy...I'm just tickled you like my avatar. Thanks!  I made it yesterday just for KD but I do have a smaller animated version I use at my home forum, MG's.

~ Time is forever, yet never here for long. Only if you're clever, you'll treasure it before its gone. ~

Not Ranked
Posts 6
LisaJS wrote
on May 26, 2008 9:49 AM

Hi

Thank you everyone who has tried to help, my best knitting buddy has been all through her patterns and found me one with a similar neck line, so problem is now solved BUT THANK YOU ALL AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa xx

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bobbie wrote
on May 27, 2008 7:33 AM

Hey guys, just read through all the posts.  If any of you ever have a problem tracking down a pattern which is in a hardcover book that has been published.  Don't forget about your public library!  You can always borrow it through interlibrary loan and that way you don't have to buy the book.  It really is a helpful feature when you only want one pattern in a big book!

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS