What is "knit gifts"?

This post has 13 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 7
BethJ wrote
on May 24, 2008 7:17 AM

Sorry to be dumb, but is this a book or a magazine? I love to knit gifts and it sounds right down my alley. Thanks!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 290
Editor
KD Sandi wrote
on May 24, 2008 8:10 AM

It's not a dumb question at all! Knits Gifts is our holiday magazine issue. You can take a peek at it here.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
BeverlyR wrote
on May 24, 2008 9:44 AM

Is there any chance that Interweave Knits might offer a new/different way of subscribing?  While I love the fall and winter projects, I don't care for spring and summer projects...too hot for me to even wear cotton knitted tanks.  I would love a subscription that would include:  fall, winter and the Holiday issues.

Regards,

bev

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Le-TeishaR wrote
on Jul 11, 2008 12:16 PM

I want to make the minature cowichan cardigan but when I go to knitsgifts.com it's no longer available.  Do you kinow where I can find it at now?

Not Ranked
Posts 7
BethJ wrote
on Jul 11, 2008 12:59 PM

Le-Teisha - it was available as a free download for awhile at Knitting Daily. It was originally published in the special Holiday Knits issue of Interweave Knits in Dec 2007 which is now out of print.  Some yarn shops might have it, or you could try to find it on e-Bay.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Le-TeishaR wrote
on Jul 11, 2008 3:48 PM

It was never published in the holiday issue because I have it, it tells you to go to knitsgifts.com and download it for free.  It figures I wait to start her gift now and it's gone.  Thank you

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 988
AndreaW wrote
on Sep 24, 2008 11:02 PM

That is disappointing about the miniature  cowichan sweater. I have the issue but hadn't noticed it was "web-only". Thought I had the pattern in the magazine for when I wanted it.  I hate these "only available for a little while" things...especially when the pic + write-up is in the magazine that I have!    Andrea

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Ms.hyphen wrote
on Sep 24, 2008 11:19 PM

I'm kind of in the same boat. Wanted to make the sweater for a gift, went to my copy of the magazine and only then realized that it was a download. Very very disappointing. I would have thought that it would remain available.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
BethJ wrote
on Sep 25, 2008 6:41 AM

Knitting Daily has that pattern available for sale on the web site now.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
KateG wrote
on Oct 10, 2008 10:41 AM

Sandy, when does Knit Gifts 2008 hit the newsstands on the West Coast? I am unable to find a newsstand date on the site.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
KellyB wrote
on Nov 12, 2008 12:37 PM

Check out your LYS, I'm in Surrey, BC, Canada and just picked up a copy of Knit Gifts 2008 over the weekend and it was one of the last 3 copies they had. If you're a Ravelry member, I've reviewed this issue in the group Crochet & Knit Book Reviews for some idea of what projects are available.

I'm also making the Aran Isle Slippers, I'm making a pair for my dad but have had to add stitches and make them bigger because they don't go up to size "BOAT" to fit my dad's size 13-14 feet. Not that I'm complaining, it's not often that people need sizes that go up to "Magilla Gorilla" :)  But the pattern is great, very easy to work with and to size up, I'm very pleased with it, and plan to make a pair for myself and for my mom.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
clarebearr wrote
on May 5, 2010 2:34 AM

I'm a knitter. I've learned only to knit things for people who will really appreciate the time, effort, and money that went into these gifts. Only a knitter can truly appreciate a gift that someone else knitted!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
Ferozkhan wrote
on Oct 9, 2012 12:24 AM

I like knit gifts. Can anyone suggest me how to start knitting the gifts?

Not Ranked
Posts 6
taylorj1979 wrote
on Oct 7, 2013 9:58 AM

Thank you for the information about Knit Gifts! I'm definitely going to subscribe but the same, only for the cold months as during summer I don't want to go near wool :D

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS