teaching knitting to granddaughter

This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 4
fairwaymax wrote
on Jul 12, 2010 8:59 AM

Does anyone have suggestions or ideas for teaching my granddaughter (almost 7) to knit and crochet?  She wants to learn, has taken a few stabs at it, but hasn't quite got how to hold everything so 1)  the yarn stays on the needles and 2)she sees where the next stitch starts (in crochet)

I have seen lots of mentions of your grandmothers teaching you, in my case it was my mother, but I am one of those people who gets how without being able to explain what I am doing to her.

We live in Marin County (north of San Francisco) so maybe some of you in the area know of a great class for kids?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,804
ZassZ wrote
on Jul 12, 2010 1:24 PM

While I was in Michael's craft store, I discovered that the store holds classes for beginners, free of charge.  You probably can find a local store and inquire. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 4
fairwaymax wrote
on Jul 12, 2010 1:33 PM

well of course!  And we live two minutes from a Michaels in one direction, and five minutes from a JoAnn's in the other.  It never occurred to me to check them out, even though I go to both fairly often.  Thanks--I'll ask them. 

Not Ranked
Posts 3
angelicmae12 wrote
on Dec 3, 2010 11:41 AM

I think it is possible, it should be start from the basic crochet. Step by step and for having dedication, both of you will be succeed about this work of art. Good luck.

affordable modern furniture | modern dining chairs

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS