My favourite book/s are....

This post has 24 Replies | 7 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Kniterella wrote
on Feb 24, 2009 9:26 AM

Cool  I got Twisted Sisters book last year its a heck of a lot to do with Maths, cos Knitting is a very mathmatical hobby/job.  Its a fine book  it encourages you to design your own knitwear or for others using just measurements of people.

I am becoming a big fan of Nicky Epstein, I got her book Knitting on Top of the World and I was speechlessSurprise  The lady is a fab designer, I love that Entrelac wrap/cardi very Parisienne chic.  I can just imagine myself walking down the High street in my sooper chick wrap.  When I knit it up I'll post a few piccies.

Another of my fave books is any books by Yarn Harlot  this woman is a genius when it comes to writing Knitting humour books.  Her books are so funny she has me in 'stitches' I have every one of her books, I even went all the way to London iKnit last year to meet her, it was a magical moment, chatting with a famous person is no big deal she was very natural and funny as her books.

I love my 'Socks made Simple' book its got simple clear instructions and colour coded with a few good sock patterns, its invaluable I knit my first lacy socks with the aid of this book.  I got it from the Knitting and Crochet Guild here in England.  I think the book is aimed at beginners to sock knitting.  I only discovered  sock-knitting 2 years ago with the help of Yarn Harlot.  I showed me Mam my first lacy socks she was suitably impressed she was a great Knitter she taught me a lot about Knitting.

I have a biggish library of knitting books so i got meslef a bookcase cos the books have no place to rest..Yes

Not Ranked
Posts 8
VEGANSWIMMER wrote
on Jul 6, 2009 3:08 PM

My all Time,Hands Down Favorites because I have Such Superior Taste:)

-in no particular order-

1.Knitted Embellishment's  (by Nicky Epstein)

2. Knit an Enchanted Castle (by Jan Messent)

A sentimental Favorite and Pretty Good Book.

Socks: A Spin-Off Special Publication for Knitters and Spinners (Deborah Robson, Rita Buchanan)

I hate my friends.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
PrincessG wrote
on May 22, 2010 2:25 AM

I aquired a large number of these vintage pattern books a while ago. They have some really beautiful patterns from dresses, to hats, to some simple and some not-so-simple (but oh so elegant!) jumpers.

I love having a read through them all, and then selecting which one i want to try to make.

Ive never really been good at making jumpers, but if i put my mind to it i think i will do alright (:

PrincessG         

Dont take people for granted, beacuse one day you will realise you have lost a diamond while you were too buysing collecting stones....

Not Ranked
Posts 6
on Mar 4, 2011 1:10 PM

I bought the Interweave Favorites Sock book because that is one of my favorite things to knit.  I also like lace and  The Ann Budd pattern books are nice so thinking about those.    

Not Ranked
Posts 1
DMiller95050 wrote
on Mar 4, 2011 2:53 PM

I'm still not contented with the books im reading, im still looking for the best one!

Not Ranked
Posts 4
providence1 wrote
on Jun 13, 2011 5:30 AM

My favorite book is Knitter's Stash. It has simple steps for learner. And also it has so many easy methods for knitting.I love this book so much.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
on Jul 19, 2011 10:40 PM

I love Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Knitting Book and The Knitter's Handbook: Essential Skills & Helpful Hints from Knitter's Magazine by Elaine Rowley

The no-hassle NYC Contractor

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Just do it wrote
on Aug 22, 2011 12:28 AM

Not Ranked
Posts 13
on Jan 21, 2012 3:12 PM

I love Spin to Knit too. Another one that inspired my spinning ...and knitting is The Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook.

Lynne Vogel takes you though an amazing journey from selecting fiber ...to dying it ...to spinning it ...to knitting it. Wonderful!

Not Ranked
Posts 6
jafranklin05 wrote
on Jan 28, 2013 3:44 AM

I have never gone for books for knitting but now I think its a good idea and it will be very helpful for the beginners to begin with.

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS