what do you like to do?

This post has 46 Replies | 7 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Yarn Paws wrote
on Dec 30, 2009 11:15 PM

Bravo on learning the violin hmmmm...something to think about? Knitting and crochet is my brand new hobby however, I learned basic stitches when I was very, very young. These days I'm mostly yarn hunting and I'm spending entirely toooo much time on the internet because I belong to soooo many on-line knitting groups and I want to stay in touch with my peeps but not quite sure how to get it all in.  I love books and so I read quite a bit...let's see I am a mom of a 17 yr old who is not quite yet driving so I'm mostly taxi cab driver and cook for him so it's frustrating for me to have any real me time....if you know what I mean.  I love art and I wished that I really got out more than I do to visit various art galleries.I'm really re-inventing myself right now honestly I am.  I'm looking into volunteering at a CSA farm locally, it happens to be a vegetable farm but I'm really not the old girl I used to be but Lord willing as I've had some very real financial set backs and personal family losses which have caused me to reel back at life a bit.  However, in answer to the topic I would have to say that I watch DVD's some (usually Sundance and European films), read or EXPLORE ALL THINGS YARNY AND SHEEPY :)  Yarn Blessings

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Yarn Paws wrote
on Dec 30, 2009 11:17 PM

oh right love, my house too darn it! I'm waiting for them to invest the robot in-home cleaning maid and cook:)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 16
milroygrams wrote
on Jan 1, 2010 10:25 AM

Yarn Paws, the robot maid sounds wonderful.  I can only dream.  My husband does most of the cooking and dishwashing since he is  "semi-retired" (meaning little work, no money!!!!!!!!) but seems to think the rest of the housework belongs to me!  I can't convince him otherwise!  Oh well, having those two things taken care of gives me a little time.  I do love having a teenager to chauffer around tho, and I think she hasn't gotten her license because that is our time together.  We spend a lot of time talking in the car.  We've been taking road trips to check out colleges and have more planned ( another opportunity to knit).  I, too, have had to make some financial and personnal adjustments and have tried to look at it as having and opportunity to try something different.  It's not always easy.  We get too used to being in the same old rut and sometimes can't see the good changes because we're kicking and screaming!!!  Good luck with all your changes.  I definitely find knitting helps me relax and maintain and come up with some solutions I wouldn't have thought of otherwise.

Not Ranked
Posts 12
cathymoore wrote
on Mar 31, 2010 10:26 AM

I've only been knitting a lot for about 5 years. I tend to have the TV on and semi-watch it while I'm knitting.

I have found that knitting has really helped me deal with depression. Getting to be in touch with other knitters through forums like this is wonderful, uplifting, and I'm afraid, addictive.

I've taught serveral friends and 2 nieces to knit - I really love that they have come to enjoy it so much.

Other than that I read a LOT, play with my two BFF dogs, Butler & Jenny. My husband always enjoys it when I make time to cook or do a little housekeeping.

I'm a Buddhist and I find that knitting is nearly as calming & fulfilling as meditation. It keeps me in the present moment and not worrying about yesterday or tomorrow. Life is good!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
rusev_ivo wrote
on Jan 24, 2012 7:08 AM

Except knitting, I love watching movies and listening to world music

Not Ranked
Posts 4
natalie26 wrote
on Feb 6, 2012 3:35 PM

I like reading books and listening to music. That's my form of relaxation. Knitting is one of my hobby, when I am inspired I knit. I am a full time mother, I enjoy playing with kids and studying with them.

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

napoleon fireplace

napoleon stoves

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
Ferozkhan wrote
on Jun 19, 2012 8:58 AM

I like to go for a long dive atleast 15-20 km from home and have a coffee with ciggy ! 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 74
on Nov 27, 2012 1:11 PM

Your cute close friend?? Hmmm... Update please!  Stick out tongue  Lol.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 74
on Nov 27, 2012 1:21 PM

Yarn Paws, what a totally cute name!!

I have yarn paws, yarn brain, and I speak with a yarny accent.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 74
on Nov 27, 2012 1:37 PM

Wow, this is a really interesting thread! Very good question PrincessG - you've started a years-enduring discussion.

Here is what I like to do:

Active - I love hiking on the mountains, rock-climbing, running, and a bit of weight training when I actually get around to it.

Creative - Writing, sewing, being a fine artist (although that has its ups and downs), playing with the family kids, teaching the family kids new words.

Baking new types of cake, making different dishes. Eating. Love eating.

Quiet - Reading and watching movies and tv series (I love Science Fiction), pottering about on my laptop, trolling the forums, which I'm doing right now. Organising my room, which is easier said than done, but quite rewarding in a horrible way.

Social - Going out for coffee or supper, picnics. Going to the beach, park, doing some of the above in a group setting. Chatting to safe-looking random strangers in supermarkets.

I am really impressed by what all of you guys like doing - sailing, horseriding, speaking other languages, travelling all over - wow! Some of your guys' hobbies and lifestyles are on my to-do list.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Nov 28, 2012 6:10 PM

Hi all,

You mean there is life beyond the needles?

Actually, besides knitting, I enjoy reading, playing the piano (mostly classical and ragtime),   I also crochet, do counted cross stitch and sew.  I always manage to keep myself busy around here.  That and chasing after 3 fairly large dogs and trying to keep up with my retired hubby.

Mary

Not Ranked
Posts 6
jafranklin05 wrote
on Jan 21, 2013 11:23 PM

My favorite timepass is to play badminton and listening music in the spare time.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
shubh wrote
on Apr 5, 2013 5:10 AM

I am home working father. while my wife is in knitting business. We have decided to start a  web development and seo company to help the home working lady entrepreneurs who have limited funds to get their skills recognized at international level.    

Organic seo company India - Local SEO Company India

Page 3 of 4 (47 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4  Next > | RSS