Abuse reporting doesn't work

This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 260
Tephra wrote
on Oct 26, 2010 10:39 AM

When I try to report spammers with an abuse report I get a "resource not found" error.

A "report as spam" button that generates an automatic report and actually works would create a user generated "short list" of posts for admins to check and thereby reduce their workload and the amount of spam on the forums.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Oct 26, 2010 2:05 PM

Tephra:

When I try to report spammers with an abuse report I get a "resource not found" error.

Hi Tephra,

This is actually correct as each time I click on the report abuse button I get the same message.  However, the Community Guidelines still say that this is what we are to do.  I have written and rewritten many letters to Interweave Knits to report this spam abuse and they do nothing about it.  I wonder how many people click on the spammers email address and get viruses into their computer????   After I did this once, I got all kinds of computer infestations.  It appears that the staff at Interweave Knits or Knitting Daily are not able to monitor the goings on in their websites.

Just my thoughts, Zoe

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 260
Tephra wrote
on Oct 31, 2010 10:22 AM

I'm done.

Between Rachelslee and Rita1986 most of the new messages in the sections I watch are spam. I can't find a way to modify my subscriptions (I set them up on the old site) so I'm just going to turn all notifications off. That means I won't see posts with questions I might be able to answer but I just can't deal with the spam being delivered to my inbox and no one at Interweave moderating the forums to remove spammers.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Oct 31, 2010 11:00 AM

Tephra:
I just can't deal with the spam being delivered to my inbox and no one at Interweave moderating the forums to remove spammers.

Hi Tephra,

I hear you.  I stopped all replies and notifications from KD coming into my inbox.  I am not sure if you noticed this or not, but I also do the Interweave Knits on FB and Crochet Me on FB.  These things are always posted on those sights.

The only things I get from Interweave Knits are the KD newsletters and IK newsletters.  Crochet Me also sends me their newsletters.  I just get caught up with everyone by checking out the homepage of KD.

I guess we just stick to knitting, yarns, and needles!!! Happy Halloween, Zoe Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS