FROCK CAMISOLE FREE PATTERN HELP!!!!!!!

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Ameisme wrote
on May 30, 2008 4:41 PM

I am knitting the frock camisole, and stuck at the FRONT directions, please help!!!

After I  bound off for the armholes, the directions state to put back stitches on a holder. Then work the front. The pattern then states to work the pattern as established.  What does that mean? Keep binding off 6 stitches for each row, or knit for 3 1/4" in pattern I have been knitting in?  I am in hopes someone can help me.Surprise

I have myself so confused, that I am hoping some response will get me back on track.  Yes, I am a confused beginning knitter!  Amy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 988
AndreaW wrote
on May 30, 2008 8:09 PM

Hi from Nova Scotia. I'll have to try again. The first time something "hiccuped" before I could press "Post' + it all got lost.

I just downloaded the pattern so I could answer you..it's frustrating waiting for help I know!

The directions want you to continue working for another 3 1/4" in the body pattern as you have it established. Do not continue to bind off 6 sts each row. The original 6 sts each side provide enough space for the armhole. After you knit the 3 1/4", you will work some K2tog's that will gather the top of the body onto the yoke of the camisole. This will help make the armholes a bit wider also.

Hope this is clear enough for you + it helps!?!

Take Care...Andrea

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Ameisme wrote
on May 31, 2008 5:03 AM

Thank you Andrea! My knitting buddy and I struggled over this yesterday. And we both thought this way was correct.  I am using 100% bamboo yarn, and was nervous about making a huge mistake; then having to rip out my work.  Onward and knitward! Amy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 988
AndreaW wrote
on May 31, 2008 1:05 PM

Glad the info helped! Sometimes we tend to "overthink" stuff instead of just thinking about what makes sense for the finished item. Then our brains start spinning !!!  I actually like to troubleshoot...probably because I've been knitting long enough to make LOTS of mistakes to learn from. My grandmother taught me to knit @ 6 yrs old + I'l be 51 in August. My stubborness helps too no doubt!!!

The bamboo yarn sounds like a nice choice for the camisole. I've recently made both socks + a lace shawl (still unblocked) from Regia's 4ply sockwt bamboo/wool blend. I like it. Haven't tried pure bamboo yarn but would like to. The camisole should feel georgeous next to your skin.

Happy Knitting,   Andrea

Not Ranked
Posts 6
CherylK@3 wrote
on May 31, 2008 1:13 PM

It means to continue knitting in the pattern that you have been knitting in. I am assuming that you need to continue to lengthen the front to the neckline where you will shape or bind off the neck. You will have to look carefully at the pattern so that you stay in the established pattern---since you have bound off stitches for the armhole you will have to make adjustments in how the pattern is knit to keep the pattern aligned. good luck

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS