THE OFFICIAL SEAWEED CARDIGAN KNIT-ALONG POST!

This post has 983 Replies | 43 Followers rated by 16 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 122
Kelleigh wrote
on Apr 28, 2011 9:53 PM

It is very nice to live near my Dad and I am Daddy's girl.  My mom likes to loom knit (I taught her) and I have sisters here and in Texas.  I love to knit warm things for my family and I have a lot of nieces/nephews to knit for, I'm a lucky girl!

If I made the Seaweed, I would turn it into a cardigan too!  How funny we both thought of that.  I think it is gorgeous and I'm sure yours will be spectacular.  It is cool where I live in the evenings sometimes so I always have a light sweater with me or in the car at all times, even in the spring.  I actually had on a sweatshirt today because it was a little cool out. 

I have a great love for sweaters too. Why is it that you guys have the best designs on your sweaters? (Jealous)  I want to make the shredder sweater  for my dad but I have to get him to pick the color and the yarn so it will be all his choice.

KELLEIGH~~

Not Ranked
Posts 5
on Aug 22, 2011 2:57 AM

I have been trying to down load a copy of this pattern BUT I keep getting an error message.

I would very much like to knit this.

cheers

rebecca

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 155
klandreneau wrote
on Aug 22, 2011 5:04 AM

lewry@gmail.com:

I have been trying to down load a copy of this pattern BUT I keep getting an error message.

Hi Rebecca!  I will look up the pattern and send you a link to your email inbox.  just so you know--my email is "thepecanshop"

Katherine

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 155
klandreneau wrote
on Aug 22, 2011 5:09 AM

OK  that didn't work......will try to paste the link here.

http://www.interweavestore.com/store/Search.aspx?SearchTerms=Seaweed%20Cardigan

There is the cardigan pattern--you can purchase and download it.

Katherine

Not Ranked
Posts 5
on Aug 22, 2011 6:08 AM

Thanks for the link but I still get the same error message.

I have sent a email to interweavestore to see if they can help me.

Cheers

rebecca

Not Ranked
Posts 10
cwg wrote
on Aug 22, 2011 8:43 AM

Highlight the URL 

http://www.interweavestore.com/store/Search.aspx?SearchTerms=Seaweed%20Cardigan 

with your mouse.

Hit CTRL-C.  

Open a new tab in your browser (keeping this one open as well).  Do this by clicking the little "+" next to the site name tab

Click the mouse in the blank address bar. 

Hit CTRL-V to paste.

Click "enter" key.

I've tried it on 3 browsers ( IE, Firefox and Chrome) and this works fine.

Good luck.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
on Aug 23, 2011 1:54 AM

Thank you very much for your help I now have a copy of the pattern and cannot wait to start it, I am going to use some Jo Sharp Silkroad DK Tweed which is a wool silk and cashmere mix.

Thanks

Cheers

Reb

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 310
sjc wrote
on Aug 23, 2011 12:21 PM

lewry@gmail.com:
I am going to use some Jo Sharp Silkroad DK Tweed which is a wool silk and cashmere mix.

I'm glad obtaining the pattern worked out for you.  I really enjoyed making the Seaweed cardi for warmer weather in a cotton/linen blend but you've given me an idea for winter wear Idea and I love Jo Sharp Silkroad Tweed.  I may have to go stash hunting because I'm sure I have some.  Thanks for the great idea for versatility!

Sherry

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 160
Beehiveof8 wrote
on Aug 23, 2011 2:02 PM

Oh have fun!  I really enjoyed knitting the seaweed cardi.  I'm not quite done yet, as I still have to do the little ribbing around the sleeves and sewing up the side seams.  I've been busy with other projects that have cropped up over the summer (the Bella Blouse, and some hand knit socks for the family).  I'm looking forward to finishing it and wearing it this fall.  :)

Blessings,

Lisa

Not Ranked
Posts 5
on Aug 24, 2011 3:38 AM

Hi

Can you please tell me what  'ssk' means is it slip slip knit?

Thanks

Reb

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 155
klandreneau wrote
on Aug 24, 2011 5:22 AM

lewry@gmail.com:
Can you please tell me what  'ssk' means is it slip slip knit?

Reb,

Yes, it does mean slip, slip, knit.  If you are unsure on how to do this stitch, there are great videos on youtube.

Katherine

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 160
Beehiveof8 wrote
on Sep 1, 2011 5:35 PM

Just finished this today!  Yippeeee!  I'm very pleased with it.

Please excuse the messy sewing area in the background!  

Happily knitting on,

Lisa

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 310
sjc wrote
on Sep 1, 2011 6:33 PM

Hi Lisa,

Your Seaweed Cardi looks GREAT!  Job well done.  I hope you enjoy it.

Sherry

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 158
Grandma V wrote
on Sep 1, 2011 7:52 PM

Hi Lisa,

Very nice - I sure like the color- I will finish mine in time - maybe by Christmas for a gift.  Haven't been ready to pick up the knitting needles since my husband's death but it will come when it is time.   By the way, I love your piano - such gorgeous wood.

Celia

Not Ranked
Posts 7
SJones2185 wrote
on Sep 1, 2011 8:27 PM

I love the color you used.  I have my vest finished.  I just need to block and seam together.  Seems like I always stop at that point.  I have this vest and another cardigan that are at the same step.  Hoping the fall weather will motivate me to block and seam both of these projects.  I am slightly intimidated by the blocking part. 

Page 65 of 66 (984 items) « First ...  < Previous  62 63 64 65 66  Next > | RSS