THE OFFICIAL SEAWEED CARDIGAN KNIT-ALONG POST!

This post has 983 Replies | 43 Followers rated by 16 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 485
bessT wrote
on Sep 1, 2011 10:04 PM

SJones2185:

... I am slightly intimidated by the blocking part. 

ah, you can do it. You are in charge and the sweater knows it - go for it Wink

Lisa:

Just finished this today!  Yippeeee!  I'm very pleased with it.

Looks great on you! Beautiful knitting.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
patmccall wrote
on Feb 15, 2012 9:35 PM

Is this the knit a long that was talked about on the TV show Knitting Daily last Monday?  The picture doesn't look the same.

thanks

Pat

Not Ranked
Posts 3
patmccall wrote
on Feb 15, 2012 9:52 PM

Where is the knit a long that wasadvertised on Monday's Knitting Daily?

Not Ranked
Posts 3
patmccall wrote
on Feb 15, 2012 9:52 PM

Where is the knit a long that was advertised on Monday's Knitting Daily?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,543
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
on Feb 16, 2012 4:06 PM

patmccall:

Where is the knit a long that was advertised on Monday's Knitting Daily?

Hi Pat,

Here's the link to the current knit-along forum.

Kathleen

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Mar 13, 2012 12:34 PM

Is it possible to use this pattern as a KAL for use in a Guild program?  Like you did online?  AND if so.. does everyone have to buy the pattern individually in order to use it?

We'd appreciate any help as to making this happen. I had noticed it online a while back.  And have that particular magazine in my library with the pattern.  I'd like to share it with others, but need your permission to do so. 

Thank you!

Leilani Morrison

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Mar 13, 2012 12:37 PM

I'm sorry.. I meant to say We'd like to use the KAL Seaweed Cardigan by  in our Guild as a KAL project.. is it possible to use it.. Does everyone need to purchase it?  I have it in my magazine library already.  But would like permission to use it in our Guild... (any cost involved as to using it?)

It was part of a forum a while back for us to use it as a KAL through you website a while back. And have noticed many having used it on Raverly as well.

Thank you, Leilani Morrison

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 315
sjc wrote
on Mar 13, 2012 2:01 PM

heavenlyflower:
We'd like to use the KAL Seaweed Cardigan by  in our Guild as a KAL project.. is it possible to use it.. Does everyone need to purchase it?  I have it in my magazine library already.  But would like permission to use it in our Guild... (any cost involved as to using it?)

Hi Leilani,

Copyright laws are very specific, everyone in the guild needs to purchase the pattern or the magazine it was published in.  No copy machines allowed!  Even classes in knitting shops or community colleges require it.  Other than that I don't think there would be any expense as a guild project as long as the use of the item made is for personal use, not for commercial resale.  Designers work long and hard on their patterns and it's only fair that they get the small compensation they receive from a $5.50 pattern or magazine their pattern is featured in.  That said, I hope your guild has a great time, it's a fun project.

Sherry

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Mar 14, 2012 8:07 PM

heavenlyflower:

I'm sorry.. I meant to say We'd like to use the KAL Seaweed Cardigan by  in our Guild as a KAL project.. is it possible to use it.. Does everyone need to purchase it?  I have it in my magazine library already.  But would like permission to use it in our Guild... (any cost involved as to using it?)

It was part of a forum a while back for us to use it as a KAL through you website a while back. And have noticed many having used it on Raverly as well.

Thank you, Leilani Morrison

Hi, just to also add to Sherry's note, everyone who did do this KAL here, did purchase the pattern.  A KAL does not give one rights to a freebie.  Copyright laws state you have to buy it.

Happy knitting, Smile  Zoe

Page 66 of 66 (984 items) « First ...  < Previous  62 63 64 65 66 | RSS