Yggdrasil Blanket

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
nittinfool wrote
on Jan 17, 2011 9:13 AM

I am working on this afghan and absolutely love it.  However, on the list of symbols - the last two are "split 2/4 RPC & split 2/4 LPC".  I'm not sure how those are worked and there is no description on the pattern.  Can anyone help me out?  It says to see the Stitch Guide, but that did not download with the pattern.

Thanks

Not Ranked
Posts 4
JonniK wrote
on Jan 17, 2011 11:57 AM

I'm working on it also (just started) and the stitchguide is on the first page (right under the specifics about gauge etc)  Split 2/4RPC is Sl 4 sts to cn and hold in back, k1, p3 from cn, k1, purl rem st from cn.

Split 2/4LPC is sl 2 sts to cn and hold in front, p1, k1 from cn, p3, knit rem st from cn. FYI: w&t is Work to turning st indicated on chart, bring yarn to front, sl turning st pwise to right needle, bring yarn to back, sl turning st back to left needle, turn work so opposite side is facing, and bring yarn in position for next st.

How far into this are you?  I have been knitting for many years & made a sweater using a similar pattern, but I must admit I am a LITTLE scared with all the graphs & crazy symbols.  I enlarged the graphs & use a marker, hope it works.  I'm using dark gray, but tempted to start over in off white.  I'm afraid all the details will be lost on the gray.  Good luck.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
MarthaVT wrote
on Feb 23, 2011 2:49 AM

On reading this chart, can you tell me if you read all the odd rows right to left and all the even rows left to right or are ALL the rows read right to left?  Thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS