Left Handed Entrelac knitting

This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
DebMax wrote
on Feb 24, 2011 4:51 PM

I need instructions for left handed entrelac knitting, cause i'm left handed? Also would you please give the pattern for the seaweed sweater, that is very beautiful.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Feb 24, 2011 6:10 PM

DebMax:
Also would you please give the pattern for the seaweed sweater, that is very beautiful.

Hi DebMax,

The Seaweed Cardigan is a bought pattern.  The link to purchase it is found on the first blog entry which is made by Kathleen Cubley in the OFFICIAL SEAWEED CARDIGAN KNIT ALONG FORUM.  I will post the link for it here and if the edit button isn't working, it will be on the post under this one.

http://www.knittingdaily.com/forums/t/6779.aspx

Happy knitting, Zoe Smile

DebMax:
I need instructions for left handed entrelac knitting, cause i'm left handed?

How do you knit?  That makes a difference as to whether or not you need instructions for left handed entrelac knitting.  It is difficult to convert patterns which are 99.9% written for "right handed" knitters into left handed directions.  Or do you mean that you hold your yarn in your left hand and knit continental?

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Jade61 wrote
on Sep 10, 2012 1:15 AM

I also am a true left-handed knitter trying my hand at entrelac.  I need instructions for left-handers.  I didn't see any response on this thread.  Please respond.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
TaniaFT wrote
on Sep 12, 2012 6:52 AM

I am left handed, and originally learnt to knit English Method left handed (though I now use Continental RH more)

Using the instructions in Debbie Bliss' How to Knit book, I simply followed the instructions for basic entrelac as was, but ignoring the "left needle" "right needle" comments and muddling along. My swatch looks like, well, entrelac!

This may not be the most helpful comment, particularly not if you want to make something shaped, but I think if you just experiment a little with the instructions as is, you basically get the correct thing, but mirrored.

Good luck, and sorry I can't link you anywhere helpful

Not Ranked
Posts 2
normajean16 wrote
on Nov 16, 2012 1:30 PM

Hi, I  have instructions  for left handed entrelac
Just E-mail me at normajean16@comcast.net
Norma jean.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
normajean16 wrote
on Nov 16, 2012 2:26 PM

Hi,
I have instructions for left handed entrelac.
Just e-mail me at normajean16@comcast.net

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS