Looking for a "knitting etc. "retreat.

This post has 20 Replies | 5 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 13
GGBlackman wrote
on Mar 7, 2011 12:57 PM

May I ask where home is.  I am in the Greater NY/NJ area.

There is very interesting weekend being held at the Mohonk Inn in New Paltz, NY.  Very costly to stay there, but I a  waiting to get a brochure to make any decisions on that one.  Luckily, I have friends in the area!  :-0

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,801
ZassZ wrote
on Mar 7, 2011 1:03 PM

Way over here on the west coast - california. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 13
GGBlackman wrote
on Mar 7, 2011 1:14 PM

There must be wonderful "crafty" places and people there.  I used to love to vista shops in SF area when I traveled for business..and in the wine country too.  NYC has very sophisticated knit shops....when in that mode-I prefer a friendlier atmosphere.  thanks again for your input

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,801
ZassZ wrote
on Mar 7, 2011 1:21 PM

My thinking exactly.  All up and down the little towns and bigger cities, plenty of shops along the coast and in the valleys too.  We love the wine country drive too.  Also I have to say I love going to a library and meeting people living in the area, making a connection with local knitters as well.  I have a few favs where the libraries are super cozy and nice place for quiet knitting and books and dvds to take home. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
LTanya wrote
on Mar 22, 2011 8:59 AM

Thanks for the information. I live in Durham, NC and always feel like all the good retreats and classes are somewhere else. I love the Blowing Rock area. I doubt I'll be able to make this one, but it's great to know it's there. 

L'Tanya
Blog: Craftnicity--making the connection
http://craftnicity.com 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
MacKay Way wrote
on Nov 29, 2012 12:30 PM

I see this post is quite old, but I live in Essex and teach knitting & crocheting lessons privately. I can be reached at Kimberli@TheMacKayWay.com.

Best,

Kimberli

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS