Do I have enough? Help!

This post has 18 Replies | 1 Follower rated by 1 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,804
ZassZ wrote
on Mar 8, 2011 2:46 PM

Hey that's great!  I assuming it's going to have an airy look because of the needle size.  I love doing that with larger needles and getting lots of open work like you can get with a size 17 and up.  I did put a pic up in the reader's gallery some time ago of one I did with very large needles.  It's the  Light As Air Wrap and the Orange Wrap on page 5 under the Readers Photo Gallery.  Maybe you'll put your pic up when you finish it.   

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,804
ZassZ wrote
on Mar 9, 2011 11:01 PM

webknitter13:
 Well, I did a swatch and I am getting about 4 stitches and 4 rows to the inch.

The pattern is 5.5 stitches and 8 rows to the inch.

So how are you getting gauge on size 11's?  Just wonder how this is working out.  Earlier you mention that suggested needle size was 7-9 for the Jill Draper yarn you are using.  Did you second ball of yarn come in your mail yet?  What dimensions did you get with the first ball of yarn, or what measurement width and length did you reach with just the first ball of yarn?

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 20
webknitter13 wrote
on Mar 10, 2011 4:50 PM

It is turning out really nice.  And no I haven't gotten the second ball yet.  I got about 45" wide and 9" tall on the size 11 needles which is a little over half of the size it needs to be.  I'll try to post a picture once I have it all done.  I am hoping it shows up in the mail tomorrow so I can finish it!  Yay!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 20
webknitter13 wrote
on Mar 26, 2011 3:06 PM

Well I was able to complete the shawl.  It turned out beautifully if quite a bit different than the original.  But hey who wants to be original anyway?

Check it out here! http://www.ravelry.com/projects/webknitter13/pinkerton-shawl

Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS