Patterns for Super bulky Yarn

This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
DeborahRowan wrote
on Jun 7, 2008 5:24 AM

I am looking for patterns for Lion Brand "BIG" yarn that is something other than scarfs.  This is a discontinued yarn, multicolored, I have looked on the Lion Brand site but I didn't like the selection of patterns.  It doesn't have to be for this specific yarn, just patterns for (6) super bulky.

Thanks

Debbie R 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 25
Mirl56 wrote
on Jun 29, 2008 6:23 AM

http://www.dailyknitter.com/patternsdetail.php?type=HO

Try looking thru this site.  It lists the needle size next to the pattern so you might be able to weed out patterns not appropriate w/out having to look at them all. 

Cool Marilyn

Not Ranked
Posts 5
TrishS wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 8:55 PM

You might try hat patterns. I'm thinking of the book, "Knit Hats" by Gwen Steege (ed.). I has a pattern called "Color Me Bright" which uses chunky weight yarn (size 10 needles). Another pattern is "Handpaint Hat" which combines a bulky with a really bulky, thick/thin yarn, and uses size 13 needles. I've made the hat many times and substitute whatever chunky yarn I have around for that part of the pattern. It doesn't seem to make much difference to the overall hat size, since it is only used in the color band and the bulky yarn makes the hat brim and top. Hope this helps!

trish

Not Ranked
Posts 8
EmmaS wrote
on Aug 6, 2008 8:14 AM

Try knit rugs! They are knit with huge yarn, and you don't need it to be full sized for a whole room if you don't have enough yarn-just make it a small one for beside a bed.

Not Ranked
Posts 9
on Oct 14, 2008 3:41 PM

Try the book "Fast Knits, Fat Kneedles" It uses big kneedles and some of the patterns use big yarns.  There are also a lot of hat patterns that use big yarn. Hope this helps!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS