Hi, everyone, new here

This post has 21 Replies | 5 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Mar 25, 2011 10:10 AM

milroygrams:
Zoe, wow give the kid a break. Did you not read that she is TWELVE???

Dear Milroygrams,

Did you not read in one of her posts that she claims she is between ages 16 and 20?  Did you not read the Community Guidelines about the posting from other sites/sources?  She changes her profile on a regular basis.  Did you not read that she claimed she had been knitting and crocheting for many years and even teaches these crafts??  Did you not read and go to her own forum blogs that she has set up and is frowned upon by the Interweave Knits??  This is not what KD is about.  If you have not read her blogs and her articles and my responses to them, then you really are misinformed and I am sorry for that.  I have no issue about her computer skills.  I am not the only one who disagrees with Lawyergirl.  And as I understand the Community Guidelines, you have to be an adult to use the site and not be a 12 year old child.

I think that one of the problems Lawyergirl has with me is that I have refused her friendship to contact me directly through the KD.  So she has tried a number of times through different forum blogs to talk to me.  I am not responding to those and eventually she will get the message.  Yes, "give the kid a break" but dont go against what the KD site and its rules are all about.

Also where does she claim to be only 12 years old?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 135
chewchew wrote
on Mar 25, 2011 10:34 AM

Zoe is not the only one - I have had issues with her also.  Some of her posts are way out there. And yes she does change her profile on a regular basis.  One minute she's been knitting a long time and the next its a year and a half.  She has changed her age a few times also. 

Regardless of her age she needs to follow the guidelines of posting (and even at the age of twelve you understand what that means).

Also, I'm not sure what parent would allow their child of "twelve" to be online at 10pm, midnight, which is when some of her posts appear. 

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Peanut01 wrote
on Apr 1, 2011 7:27 PM

I am glad I am not the only one who has lots of knitting on the go at once.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 16
milroygrams wrote
on Apr 8, 2011 6:44 PM

Hi all, I think I really stirred up a hornet's nest. I apologize.  I mouthed off without knowing enough to say what I did.  My only excuse is as I said I'm still a complete novice at this computer stuff and I haven't traveled the site enough to have read all of this. I took lawyergirl at her word and leaped to her defense without a clue.  I promise i will keep my thoughts to myself til I know what I'm talking about from now on----or I'll try anyway!!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Apr 8, 2011 8:28 PM

milroygrams:
I promise i will keep my thoughts to myself til I know what I'm talking about from now on----or I'll try anyway!!!!

Hi milroygrams,

Chuckles here and dont beat yourself up about this.  This is called life and stuff happens.  Some knitters have been around longer than others and we all learn and become wiser for it.  Check out Kathleen Cubley's forum posting about Ravelry.  Some knitters like lawyergirl would really benefit from being on Ravelry rather than here at KD.  It is a place to stretch your knitting wings and a place for a voice in this huge world of knitting that is more appropriate for her.  There are more of her age there as well.

We all want to take people at their word and this is so important in the cyber world of knitting where we so totally rely on the written word.  Knitters are a very trusting bunch of people who benefit from others' experiences.  This is how knitters learn.  We really feel betrayed when the truth is not told to us.  Enough about all that.  The topic is one for the live and learn in the spice of life.

So what are you knitting on at the moment?  Are you interested in the new spring KAL??  I have attempted several KALs but to to be honest, they are too long and take too much concentration for me to do.  I like socks.  Come check us out on SOCKS.  It can be found on Knitting Chat or just type in SOCKS into the search bar up in the right hand corner under the sign in.  I am going to branch out into fair isle knitting socks or stranded knitting.

I am dyslexic with some numbers and charts are just a dead fall for me.  I have too many complications in my life at the moment to undertake something a little more complicated than my pair of simple socks!  hehe, we should attempt new things but I havent the head for it at this time.  May be knit some mittens for the winter. lol

Happy knitting, Zoe Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Apr 9, 2011 12:22 AM

Hi Everybody,

It is very interesting we are on many projects at the "same time". My husband is worried about that and he is always complaining against it. He always asks me why I start a new proyect if I haven't finished the ones I started earlier. And I answer him that I need to have a break with easy proyects to develop an interesting match of stitches and stuff like that, so he stops pushing.  I've read most of you buy your yarn before you know what it will be for and you have it there just waiting untill the proyect shows. That is fantastic!. You can create marvellous garments even when you are running out of money. I never get rid of any leftover and my stash is in a one box only. When I have to give a present, it is from my box where I get the yarn. I choose the materials alike or if they are the same but different colors thebetter. You can use your imagination and create unique garments and your friends become more grateful because they realize it is from your very own inspiration.

New ones, welcome to Knitting Daily, knitting and crocheting and all the crafts you are on, are an endless knowledgement journey plenty of joy, selfsatisfaction, frienship and all the good things you want to add. You also need to be patient and practice over and over again untill you manage to do what you want to do.

Let's knit and share what we know to all of us and to all the ones who want to join this forum. Everybody needs to everybody. Let's be happy and do not take on account things that do not matter.

Live as good as you can. Be as happy as you want daily, it is up to anyone of us. Let's not waste our precious time and effort on comments that can be just skipped.

Let's be nice. It is that simple.

Bye, bye.

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
emmaross wrote
on Jul 19, 2011 3:11 AM

I am new here also, i Work for a large Design company & holiday travel company in the UK & USA. Some of my projects are popular sites online. Find Hotel Deals worldwide, Last Minute Short Breaks in the UK and Europe and Last Minute Hotel Deals from thousands of hotels on a global scale. I hope my forum posts on a wide variety of subjects will be helpful.

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS