Stitch patterns glossary/library

This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Ronaye wrote
on Mar 26, 2011 10:47 PM

I have searched and searched for stitch patterns for inclusion in garment patterns to make a change to a favourite pattern and in my searches have not found more than five lace patterns that make a fancy edge. I know I have outlined my problem with lace patterns but others must be looking for incentive to create by finding a stitch pattern that simply drives one to complete a project just because the stitch pattern is so intriguing, enticing and totally addictive to make. I search for lace that is knit from cast on to create an edge and knit length-wise to create an edge with a fancy wavy or point for garment enhancement. I have recently created a cowl with such an edge but I would be very happy to find another person's edge creation and use that innovative stitch pattern.

Then I came to Knitting Daily. Oh No! I can't find a stitch library or stitch glossary. Is there a link that I have missed? Help needed to create and get started on my new project.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Mar 27, 2011 8:59 AM

Ronaye:
Oh No! I can't find a stitch library or stitch glossary. Is there a link that I have missed?

Hi Ronaye,

Chuckles going on over here -- no need to panic!!  As with all knitting sites, there is not a one fix solution to everyones' dilemnas.  However, at the top right-hand corner of the page is a white bar that says "search".  In this search bar type in the words "lace edging" and click on "go".  This will take you to a new page where there are many entries about lace edgings on various garments/items.  Good luck with this and let me know how you make out with your lace edgings!

Have you a specific project in mind to use the lace edging on??  how long have you been knitting??  I been at it off and on for about 40 yrs.  Which way do you knit? continental or English??  I knit mostly continental but use both when doing fair isle.  What is your favorite thing to knit??  Mine is socks.  I know I am full of questions when I meet a knitter who is new to me!

When ever you are looking for something specific that is not found in the glossary or under topics, just type in the word/s into the search bar.  I know that there is a knitting book that is totally about different knit edgings that can be made.  I saw it recently but I cant remember the name of it right now.  Perhaps someone else knows the name and can help out here??

Happy knitting, Zoe Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 1
MM Hall wrote
on Jun 29, 2012 6:34 PM

I just found a glossary under Free Resources.  My understanding is it tends to be by publisher. 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
kaym1445 wrote
on Jul 1, 2014 12:04 PM

How to do waste yarn to start cast on

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,476
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Jul 1, 2014 1:56 PM

Look under Free Resources menu and choose Glossary. Then look for Provisional Cast-On.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS