Posts 1
Berrrisym wrote
on Mar 28, 2011 10:07 AM

Turn Heel
Row 1: k13, ssk, k1, turn
Row 2: sl 1, p3, p2tog, p1, turn
Row 3: sl 1, k4, ssk, k1, turn
Row 4: sl 1, p5, p2tog, p1, turn
Rep Rows 3 and 4, having 1 more st each time before the decrease, until all sts have been worked, ending with a purl row - 14 sts.

1. (I think that you knit 13, slip 2 knit 1 into the 2 stiches that you slipped, and then you knit 1, and then turn to go the opposite way)

2. (I think that you slip 1, and then purl 3, purl 2 together, purl 1, turn to go the opposite way)

3. (I think that you slip1, knit 4, slip 2 and then knit into the 2 stiches that you slipped, knit 1, and then turn to go the opposite way)

4. ( I think that you slip 1, and then purl 5, purl 2 together, purl 1, then turn to go the opposite way)

( Rep Rows 3 and 4, I understand this)

I do not understand this: having 1 more st each time before the decrease, until all sts have been worked, ending with a purl row - 14 sts.

http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/holmosaicstocking.htm

Thanks

Yvonne

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Mar 28, 2011 10:39 AM

Berrrisym:
I do not understand this: having 1 more st each time before the decrease, until all sts have been worked, ending with a purl row - 14 sts.

Hi Yvonne,

The pattern should read:  having worked one more stitch on each row before making the decrease, until all stitches have been worked, ending with a purl row - 14 stitches left on one needle.

What it basically means, is you continue on in like manner of the previous rows.

Row 5:  Slip 1, knit 6, ssk, k1, turn

Row 6:  Slip 1, purl 7, p2tog, p1, turn

ect.    In each odd numbered row, you will knit one more stitch before you do a ssk decrease.  For the even numbered rows, you will purl one more stitch before you do a p2tog decrease. Continue in this manner for the next several rows until you have 14 stitches left on your needle.  You will end this heel turn on a purl row.

Does this make a little more sense??  I think that there were some words left out of the pattern, and this caused a bit of confusion.  Sometimes the pattern writer leaves out some words because they assume that every knitters knows what is being said.  Just trust me when I say that when you have done this heel turn and you see the result, your doubts will leave.  I am a sock lover and thank you for posting your question/problem here.  There is always someone who will help out because of their past experiences!

Happy knitting, Zoe Smile

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS