Multi motif scarf

This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Ann15rose wrote
on Apr 17, 2011 5:22 PM

I accidently came across this multi motif scarf  which was done in hexagon's which really made me to be a member of this site.  I saw the demo by Kristin Omdahl and went through the pattern as well which was posted but I found that Kristin was slip stitching in order to attach a half motif to a complete motif where as the pattern calls for a single crochet for attatching.  Well would there be a big difference in using any one( sl st or sc) for  where all it calls for???

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Apr 17, 2011 7:20 PM

Ann15rose:
Kristin was slip stitching in order to attach a half motif to a complete motif where as the pattern calls for a single crochet for attatching.  Well would there be a big difference in using any one( sl st or sc) for  where all it calls for???

Hi Ann15rose,

I crochet too.  To my thought, when I have joined two squares together with a single crochet stitch, it left a small defined ridge.  I did not get that with a slipped stitch join.

What you may want to do is try joining a couple of the hexagons with a sc and a couple with the slipped stitch.  See which one you prefer and go with that.

Happy knitting, Zoë Smile

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS