Why my Mother is Special to Me

This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on May 7, 2011 6:55 PM

Hi All Knitters and Crocheters,

Since tomorrow is Mother's Day I thought I would share with you just one of the reasons my Mom is special to me.  Mom started to teach me how to knit when I was about 10 years old.  I would spend hours watching her knit.  It was facinating!  Mom knit the English way and she wanted me to learn how to knit like my father's Mom knit -- the continental way.  Out came four dpns and some red wool.  She cast the stitches on the needles and proceded to teach me how to knit a pair of socks. 

Sometimes there would be a mistake in my knitting and I would take it to her.  Very patiently she would time and time again find the dropped stitch and fix it.  Sometimes when she didnt know I was watching her, she would pick up my knitting and look through it.  Then I would see her smile that pleased motherly type of smile.

We moved to a new town before I could finish the second sock.  And the project got lost and a few years later I found the one lonely sock.  I still have that sock and I am very proud of it and my Mom who started me out on the great knitting adventure!!  Years later she taught me how to crochet.

Today I can knit both the English way and the continental way.  The continental way is my prefered way to knit. What do I love to knit today fourty years later?? Why a pair of socks of course!

Happy knitting, Zoë Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 5
on Jun 30, 2011 7:44 AM

My mother is important to me because she's the only one I can run to whenever I have problems. I love her so much.

Kitchen design Miami

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Jul 10, 2011 10:01 AM

A mother cannot be compared to anything in the world. When all else failed in our family, my mother was the one with us all the time. Though I know my mom was struggling with my father on their relationship problems, my mother was so strong to raise us all even though it was too tough for her at that time. Even on problems about jealousy in relationships with my own family, she is still there to give us advices on marriage.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
sarajane135 wrote
on Jul 10, 2011 3:13 PM

Well this is very ironic as I just saw this post and today is my mothers birthday! My mom means the world to me and I know it is very cliche since we all love our moms...but she is the best! No one beats my mom and I am the luckiest person to have ever been born to her. She has done an amazing job of taking care of me. Most importantly, she was there for me in the hardest of times. I used to work in finance in New York and I am sure many of you can only imagine how horrible it is. It was literally killing me. Anyhow, after some time and persuasion from my husband, she convinced me to follow my passion of becoming a yoga teacher and it really did change my life. Once I took my yoga teacher training my life changed from there. Ironically I had started knitting at this time too and it was these two things that helped calm me down and relieve so much stress I had.

So yes, I am with you in that moms are the best and I am glad you have an amazing relationship with your mom too!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
Ferozkhan wrote
on Jul 16, 2011 5:14 AM

I gifted a saree to my mom on this mother's day and she is pretty happy with the stuff... when i saw that smile on her face i thought that i can do anything to just bring that smile on my mom's face...  Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 5
on Aug 11, 2011 12:21 AM
I'll always need my Mom no matter what age I am. My Mom has made me laugh... wiped my tears... hugged me tight... watched me succeed... saw me fall... cheered me on... kept me going strong... and drove me a little crazy at times! But my Mom is a promise from God that I will have a friend forever!

The no-hassle NYC Contractor

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Aug 12, 2011 11:03 AM

My mom is so important to me because she is the reason why I existed in this world. She still watch over me 24/7. Her unconditional love shows us the true meaning of having a family. We wouldn't who we are today if it wasn't for her. She brought us up to the person we are now, better. She provided a home of comfort and love. A home where we always belong by her side.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
jafranklin05 wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 3:33 AM

Mother is the most important part of everybody's life as she is the only person who is always there when you need her and feel helpless.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS