The Official Bella Blouse Knit-Along Forum

This post has 1,785 Replies | 101 Followers rated by 18 users
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Babbette wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 8:02 PM

Got my pattern and YIKES - - a chart!  something I've never worked with before.

This might be a wild ride.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 57
dkoland wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 8:04 PM

The engine search I did gave 5st to inch on 8s

Donna

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 57
dkoland wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 8:06 PM

I ermember hoe scary my first chart was.  You have to remember to read from the bottom & then from right to left 1 row then left to right the next row if knitting flat. Always from R to L in the round

Donna

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Babbette wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 8:07 PM

Thanks Donna,

You may need to hold my hand!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 84
dcynthiad wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 8:37 PM

Donna, regarding the second sleeve, does reversing the pattern for the first sleeve mean that where the pattern calls for k2tog, you would knit ssk, and it where it calls for ssk, you would knit k2tog? 

Thanks in advance for any clarification that you can provide. 

Diana

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Babbette wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 8:42 PM

Just ordered my yarn:

For the body of the garmet I chose Cascade Cotton Rich in natural and for the trim I'll be using Cascade Pima Tencel in wine.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 454
bessT wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 9:01 PM

Hi everyone - I voted for this one even though I secretly hoped the cable Tee would win (how's that for logic?). I hummed and hawed,  the Maple St. Cardi KAL was great fun - thought I might just read the messages this time - aw shucks, I decided I needed a present, maybe to celebrate the royal visit or something  - have bought the pattern. Smile

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 48
RicaWil wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 9:09 PM

Very pretty choices!

I have finished my swatch and the gauge matches...so I quess I'm ready. I haven't tried knitting using a chart. Should be fun!

Erica

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 14
CandiceA wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 9:10 PM

I've been searching for yarn and haven't had too much luck - where did you find the Berroco Cotton Twist? Thanks!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 80
oxid8 wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 9:15 PM

sarawutzke:

Big question...will you be able to offer any alternatives on how to lengthen the sleeves a touch?  I really want to participate in this knit along, but aside from the model, there aren't may people who can pull off capped sleeves :) Thanks!

I noticed a three quarter length sleeve someone on ravelry made that looked attractive.  Look it up.  It was a sage green.  If you wanted to alter the sleeves no matter what the length there is a good tutorial in Interweave Knits Winter 2007 by Pam Allen.  Hopefully you have access to it.  

I have been following quite a few KALs now but have decided to join in on this one.  My daughter likes orange so this and a desire for a cool fiber somewhat dictated my choice of yarn.  I have chosen Rowan Calmer 74% cotton and 26% polyester for the body.  Berrocco Seduce has anorange that matches for the lace if its gauge works out.  Cross my fingers that my 2 month old gives me enough time to meet the schedule.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
sarawutzke wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 9:20 PM

NO! I so wanted Cable Tee (since I know my farm girl arms will NOT be flattered by this cut, ha ha! however, knit it I shall...

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
whirlygirl wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 9:31 PM

Has anyone received a reply from Michele that has the chart for the second sleeve so the leaves go the same way?  I asked and left my email address but I haven't received a response.  Maybe the requests are over-whelming her. 

You know maybe Kathleen would be able to furnish this chart for everyone in the KAL.  I think that would be very gracious of Kathleen to do.  How about it Kathleen?  All of us are buying the pattern and our yarn...be a friend to us all...please. Big Smile

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 143
imalulu wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 9:34 PM

I have been following quite a few KALs now but have decided to join in on this one.  My daughter likes orange so this and a desire for a cool fiber somewhat dictated my choice of yarn.  I have chosen Rowan Calmer 74% cotton and 26% polyester for the body.  Berrocco Seduce has anorange that matches for the lace if its gauge works out.  Cross my fingers that my 2 month old gives me enough time to meet the schedule.

I used Seduce for the Berrococ Windansea hat (free pattern from Berroco) and it seemed quite light or thin to me...hope it works for your edgings.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
stazerd wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 9:46 PM

Would really appreciate someone's opinion on the difficulty level of this pattern?  I am fairly inexperienced!  Would this classify as beginner, easy, intermediate....?

Not Ranked
Posts 2
LisaM@96 wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 10:04 PM

Hi I just got the pattern and am a bit nervous but excited.  This is my first KAL and though I have been knitting for awhile I have yet to make a sweater.  Pattern looks a bit intimidating but I'm up for the challenge I think.  Am actually going to WEBS on Monday (previously planned trip) so I look forward to getting my yarn than.  I am sure I will be looking to you all for help.

Lisa

Page 11 of 120 (1786 items) « First ...  < Previous  9 10 11 12 13  Next >  ... Last » | RSS