The Official Bella Blouse Knit-Along Forum

This post has 1,785 Replies | 101 Followers rated by 18 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 160
Beehiveof8 wrote
on Jul 9, 2011 8:30 AM

I have my colors all picked out but still haven't decided if I should try this.  I've never used a chart before but actually am about to on a pair of socks for my dd.  It doesn't look hard on such a small scale as socks, but the blouse looks more intimidating to be honest!  I would classify myself as an advanced beginner with limited experience in lace and cables.  Is this a reasonable project for someone like me?  Love the pattern, but a little hesitant to try it!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
NancyW wrote
on Jul 9, 2011 8:33 AM

I am also excited to get started on this.  I need to buy yarn and live in TX so need a light weight yarn.  What would you recommend for me?  Is it just 2 yarns to use?  I am not too smart when it comes to decisions on yarn, I am sorry.  I am built very much like you Kathleen and would like to make the sweater longer.  Would you recommend just adding several rows to the bottom.  I am doing this KAL because I am hoping I can get help with this.  Thank you so much. Wink

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 40
tongarii wrote
on Jul 9, 2011 8:46 AM

Sleeves:

I've fliped the pattern, don't know if this is correct, but it seems like the right way.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
yarngirl52 wrote
on Jul 9, 2011 8:47 AM

I don't think you will be happy with the end result if you use Sugar n' Cream. This is a next to the body garment and that yarn is pretty rough. Also, cotton does not have the elasticity that wool does and you will find the blouse grow on you. Also, cotton tends to be dense and the finished product is heavy for its size. I speak from experience. My first cotton sweater is a cotton soy blend: it has no elasticity and it is a heavy sweater. I intended to wear in in the spring, but it is too heavy for that!!!

That said. Choose the yarn you wish.

Debbie

Debbie

please visit my blog www.amigraineur@wordpress.com

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
yarngirl52 wrote
on Jul 9, 2011 8:55 AM

Looks like you got the last of the Glint in Goddess!!! LOL!

Debbie

please visit my blog www.amigraineur@wordpress.com

Not Ranked
Posts 6
stazerd wrote
on Jul 9, 2011 8:55 AM

I have downloaded the pattern....since I have never knitted a sweater before, can someone clue me in as to what 'size'  to plan for....

Do the choices correspond to S, M, L, XL etc?  

Not Ranked
Posts 10
kshaw wrote
on Jul 9, 2011 8:57 AM

Let me know how you make out! I just picked up some scrap of the Cascade Ultra prima to try a swatch before making a final decision on yarn. My local yarn store will help me if I need alot of adapting to circluar.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
kshaw wrote
on Jul 9, 2011 9:00 AM

Hi Sherry,

I was looking on Ravelry to see what people have done with colors. I think I am going to use the same yarn and color for both the edging and the main body.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
phbcookie wrote
on Jul 9, 2011 9:11 AM

I can't wait to get started. Going shopping for yarn today.

phbcookie

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 60
on Jul 9, 2011 9:13 AM

I always choose a top or sweater that fits well and measure it...Gives me a good idea for sizing...Very confusing with negative and positive ease....Negative ease gives you little or no extra...Close fitting garment...Positive ease gives you the extra for draping, etc...All depends on your figure shape...I am 64 and have a figure that has changed drastically...More room looks better on me !!!!

I lengthen before armhole....No real adjustments necessary

I would not use Peaches and Cream either...Far too heavy...Would grow as you wore...Believe me it is true...I had a sweater that increased alot while I was wearing it...Felt it was alive...LOL

I have not worked with charts either...A little scary but I have ventured out from my safe sweaters...I just read directions and flow with it...Remember you control the yarn !!!!!

Waiting for my yarn to come in...Will finish up smaller projects while I am waiting!!!!...Impatiently !!!!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
whirlygirl wrote
on Jul 9, 2011 9:28 AM

Hello tongarii,

Thanks for fixing the sleeve issue. 

Colleen

Not Ranked
Posts 2
BeckyL@3 wrote
on Jul 9, 2011 9:44 AM

I am so happy this won so now I am off to start my first Knit-a-Long. Down loaded the pattern and am calling my local shop to order the yarn. Can hardly wait to start.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 34
rockync wrote
on Jul 9, 2011 9:46 AM

Oh, heck Beehive, if you like it go ahead and try it! What's the worst that can happen? You'll have to pull it out, maybe do a simpler band? When I am faced with new knitting challenges I get a ball of some cheap yarn I have laying around (we all have some of those) and work out the pattern until I understand the directions and it looks right. That way your good yarn won't be kinked.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
on Jul 9, 2011 9:49 AM

sduyka:

How were you able to post a photo - nice photo, by the way!  New at techy things.  Jo

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 48
intoxyk8 wrote
on Jul 9, 2011 9:51 AM

You can do it.  Knitting from a chart takes a little getting used to, but you can always translate the chart into p1, k1 instructions if that is more comfortable for you.  The body is straight knit; you can take your time on the edgings and get them just right.  It'll be fun!

Page 13 of 120 (1786 items) « First ...  < Previous  11 12 13 14 15  Next >  ... Last » | RSS