The Official Bella Blouse Knit-Along Forum

This post has 1,785 Replies | 101 Followers rated by 18 users
Not Ranked
Posts 6
pjmurphy wrote
on Jul 22, 2011 8:40 AM

wow, some of you are fast knitters or maybe have more spare time than me!.i am making progress on my band and am enjoying it. this is my first lace experience, so glad it is going well. i am using berroco bonsai for the band and berroco weekend for the body. 

Not Ranked
Posts 3
fishbowlmum wrote
on Jul 22, 2011 9:34 AM

Hello all,

I'm just getting started on the band this weekend (had to finish up a work project first).  I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what each of the chart's that have been shared on the main post does....like a short description of the change that chart includes, so I can more easily figure out if I want to use one of them.  I'm new to knitting with a chart, so i find them slightly intimidating.  My previous lace knitting experience was using written out instructions.  There's getting to be too many pages in the thread to go back through and find the posts identifying which chart does what so i'm hoping one of you can just lay it out for me.  Thank you!

Angie

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 16
DoreenG@2 wrote
on Jul 22, 2011 11:14 AM

HI, I AM NEW TOO CHART READING ALSO, SO I WROTE THEM OUT,  I AM GOING TO TRY AND POST OF PICTURE OF WHAT I HAVE SO FAR I LOVE THIS YARN EASY TO KNIT WITH IT CLASSIC ELITE COTTON AND SILK THE COLOR COMBINATION I LIKE TOO. OK TRIED UPLOADING PIC ANY HAVE ADVICE ON HOW TO DO THIS, LOST

THANKS DOREEN

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Jul 22, 2011 12:00 PM

I fell in love with the Bella blouse in 2007.  2 years ago I got the yarn in shades of blue.  Started the bottom band.  Stopped and worked on Christmas presents.  So now I will get back to working on the "Bella" .   It really is pretty!  So excited!

Not Ranked
Posts 11
horttech wrote
on Jul 22, 2011 1:34 PM

pjmurphy:

wow, some of you are fast knitters or maybe have more spare time than me!.i am making progress on my band and am enjoying it. this is my first lace experience, so glad it is going well. i am using berroco bonsai for the band and berroco weekend for the body. 

I'm also using berroco bonsai - have just started the band - and really like the looks of this yarn.  I'm using berroco linsey for the body (still waiting for it to arrive :(

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 43
LoriS@26 wrote
on Jul 22, 2011 2:35 PM

DoreenG@2:
TRIED UPLOADING PIC ANY HAVE ADVICE ON HOW TO DO THIS, LOST

Hi Doreen, I have not uploaded a photo, but if you review the previous posts, someone posted instructions, I think from last week.

(But, Sweetie, I need to tell you,  just a little ettiquette - all caps means you are yelling. Big Smile)

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 27
munchkin1590 wrote
on Jul 22, 2011 2:57 PM

Thanks sooo much for all the hard work you are doing on these charts they are very helpful Big Smile Good luck on your entrees in the fairs I hope they are winners!!!! Have]you posted any pictures of your bella yet ? Would realy like to see your finished sweater Yes

Not Ranked
Posts 6
MStefanovic wrote
on Jul 22, 2011 3:03 PM

horttech:

I had purchased the comfy worsted for the body of the sweater and loved it - but, I changed color "mid-stream".  I replaced the Shine Worsted with Berroco Bonsai (started the band, last night and LOVE it) and I'm using Berroco Linsey for the body.  I think I'll like this better (though the Linsey hasn't arrived, yet :(  The nice thing about messing around with all the yarns - I'm having no problem knitting the band (so far ;)  I'd send pictures, but I am the least computer savvy person you'll ever meet.   I'm really enjoying seeing all the pictures from others - this is my first KAL, but, I hope it won't be my last.  Good luck!

Hi hortech,

I have been swatching several types of yarns, and it's interesting that you like the look of Berroco Bonsai. I tried it for the band, in a burnt orange color, and did not like the way it looked at all. Would love to see a picture of your band.Smile

Regards, --Marina

Not Ranked
Posts 6
blue-jean wrote
on Jul 22, 2011 6:58 PM

i am using linsey too, the "blonde" color.  what color are you using?

~jean

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 50
moonquilter wrote
on Jul 22, 2011 7:37 PM

LoriS@26:

DoreenG@2:
TRIED UPLOADING PIC ANY HAVE ADVICE ON HOW TO DO THIS, LOST

Hi Doreen, I have not uploaded a photo, but if you review the previous posts, someone posted instructions, I think from last week.

(But, Sweetie, I need to tell you,  just a little ettiquette - all caps means you are yelling. Big Smile)

When you are "composing" your comment, go to the tool bar, and click on the "film"..media..it will give you the choice of adding pics, etc.  I just love to see the pictures of what everyone is doing!!Wink

Not Ranked
Posts 11
horttech wrote
on Jul 22, 2011 7:43 PM

blue-jean:

i am using linsey too, the "blonde" color.  what color are you using?

I'm using "shell" - if it ever arrives :(  Should have been delivered yesterday - appears to be hanging out at the sorting facility :(  I still have a good bit to do on the band, though, so I'm not panicking, yet.  What are you using for the band?  I'm liking the bamboo.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 27
peet wrote
on Jul 22, 2011 8:25 PM

Hello Everyone,

After much swatching and head scratching I have decided to go with an alpaca wool for my Bella.  I'm not a big fan of the heaviness of cotton and thought this blouse would be nice for the holiday season which is winter her in Alberta.  Although the band does not have the same stitch definition that cotton would give it, I think it will still look interesting and a little dressy.   I'm using the same yarn for both band and body: Aslan Trends Royal Alpaca.  The colour is called grey - nothing fancy!.  I've decided to do the band in two pieces to avoid any problems with seaming the body on top of a continuous band.  I tink I saw a few posts of others who are using wool instead of cotton.  How is it going so far?

Mary

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 109
SusanD@51 wrote
on Jul 22, 2011 9:17 PM

Hello,,

I need some help.....

I have done my band and want to start picking up stitches on it to start the body.  I am going to knit it in the round and place a marker at the side seams.  My question is we are suppose to mark stitch 130 which is in the middle of the band and pick up 100 stitches on each half.  Is there a formula for picking up stitches so 100 stitches to pick up are evenly spaced out on the 130 stitches?

Appreciate the help

Susan

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 143
imalulu wrote
on Jul 22, 2011 9:27 PM

Hi Mary and everyone,

I have decided to make the bottom band in two pieces, also, for the same reason Mary mentioned... seaming the sides alike.   And I'm using an alpaca/cotton blend for the bands and a cotton/rayyon blend for the main yarn.  The colors look OK, but I've been concerned about the look of the two different types of yarn. Decided to proceed anyway.  Here's a pic of my blocked swatch.

peet:

I've decided to do the band in two pieces to avoid any problems with seaming the body on top of a continuous band.  I tink I saw a few posts of others who are using wool instead of cotton.  How is it going so far?

Mary

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 37
on Jul 22, 2011 9:35 PM

SusanD@51:

Hello,,

I need some help.....

I have done my band and want to start picking up stitches on it to start the body.  I am going to knit it in the round and place a marker at the side seams.  My question is we are suppose to mark stitch 130 which is in the middle of the band and pick up 100 stitches on each half.  Is there a formula for picking up stitches so 100 stitches to pick up are evenly spaced out on the 130 stitches?

Appreciate the help

Susan

I am sure my method is not 'textbook', but this is what I did.  I put markers every quarter of the way around the half band....I just folded in half and half again to find the quarter measurements.  I  knew I had to pick up 25 stitches from one quarter to the next and so on. If I came up short, or to many, in a given section, it was fairly easy to take a look at that section and see where I could pick up or lose a stitch or 2.  I didn't have to start all over again.

I hope this is clear.

Maggie

Page 74 of 120 (1786 items) « First ...  < Previous  72 73 74 75 76  Next >  ... Last » | RSS