Cochin shrug

This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers rated by 1 users
Not Ranked
Posts 9
monelia wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 5:28 AM

Hi all,

I finished my Cochin and am very happy with it, a very intriguing and funny pattern.

In the instructions, in my opinion, there are 3 uncertain points:

1) at the end, in Tier 1, Triangle 1, after Rows 1 and 2, there should be: Repeat rows 1-2 one more time, otherwise      3 sts remain, instead of 2, before SSSK

2) In the Finishing, after *P1, M1P twice, the total number of sts should be 340(420, 508)

3) Before knitting 5 rounds, should be: Purl 1 round

Let me know if I'm wrong.

Thank you

Aurelia 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Wpadaptive wrote
on Jul 9, 2011 1:34 PM

Well THANK YOU for that!!

I am almost done with my Cochin shrug and its been an easy knit so far, but I've been stuck on the final tier before the second side triangles.  I've spent the last two nights trying to figure out how to get rid of that extra stitch (math is NOT my strong suit!)  I'm glad to have to your comments!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
pageta wrote
on Jul 12, 2011 12:10 PM

monelia:

1) at the end, in Tier 1, Triangle 1, after Rows 1 and 2, there should be: Repeat rows 1-2 one more time, otherwise      3 sts remain, instead of 2, before SSK

I think the way the pattern is written is correct. You are creating triangles from rectangles, so on the purl rows, instead of purling all of the sts worked on the last row, you are working all but the last st from the last knit row.

So each set of rows is worked over one less st. So rows 1 and 2 are done over 4 sts, rows 3 and 4 are done over 3 sts, and rows 5 and 6 are done over 2 sts. The result is a triangle with the point at the bottom for that unit rather than a rectangle. Or if you think of the rectangle as a diamond, you're doing just the bottom half.

Does that make sense?

Tana

Not Ranked
Posts 3
pageta wrote
on Jul 12, 2011 1:38 PM

On second thought, are you saying that the 5 sts from the rectangle on the previous round aren't all being decreased? In that case, on Row 4, work a sssk with the next 2 sts from the rectangle from the previous round instead of a ssk with just 1 st.

Not Ranked
Posts 9
monelia wrote
on Jul 12, 2011 3:56 PM

Despite SSSK an extra stitch remains; for this reason I thought to repeat rows 1- 2, so there are 2 sts left from the previous rectangle and then it's possible to knit SSSK

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Onyourfeet wrote
on Aug 2, 2011 9:34 AM

Corrections for this pattern have been posted on Interweave's website here:

http://www.interweave.com/corrections/emags.asp

I haven't made this yet myself, but hopefully these corrections clarify things for everyone!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Jeanie@21 wrote
on Jul 30, 2012 11:39 AM

If you google entreknits and go to the site, errata is one of the things you can click on.  Among other things, there is errata for the Cochin Shrug, and I beleive you are right about the number of stitches, etc.

Jeanette

Not Ranked
Posts 1
ValerieDawn wrote
on Sep 1, 2014 5:59 PM

The errata is not my problem - the pattern I received had already been corrected.  

On the Center Tier, Size 37" only, after working Rectangles 2-4 it says to "place sts from 8 triangles on holder -- 52 sts rem."  I am mystified where these stitches came from after decreasing each triangle.  I decreased each triangle, binding off the last stitch.  

Also, I cast on the 104 sts. onto a cable from my circular needles and started working those stitches as triangles and I ended up with a huge long strip of entrelac, obviously wrong.

Some diagrams of this stage sure would have been helpful.  Can anyone here help me out?

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS