Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 877 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 2, 2012 2:26 PM

Hi Sharon,

So cool, yeah lets do a knitted skirt kal, why not have some fun ! ? !  If you find that pattern in Interweave Summer 2009 and you do decide you would like to do it, let me know.  Then I'll hold off on starting anything til we decide.  I do think I must like Cecily's style patterns because if you remember, the Big Montana Tunic I liked as well.  At the time I didn't notice that she wrote the pattern for that as well.  I just happened to notice that both the skirt and the tunic are patterns done by CecilyGlowik MacDonald.

Here is the pattern for the Little Lace Top.   http://www.cascadeyarns.com/patternsFree/DK114_Cherub.pdf

Sue also said I could put her pic up over here for her.  Here is a pic of the lovely lavendar one sue did.  Aren't they both so nice?  Now you have an idea of what it looks like in the different colors.

Both really are fabulous projects.

sue196:

Hi Zassz

thanks for your help, fingers crossed there should be a pic below!!

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
knitnanny10 wrote
on Aug 4, 2012 5:17 PM

Hi Everyone!  I am new here, invited by ZassZ, thank you.  I had inquired about submitting an Interweave Knits design that I have recently finished and she suggested here.  So, thank you again ZassZ for your very quick reply to my question.  I'm sorry it took me so long to get back here, I just received my photos from my photographer yesterday. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
knitnanny10 wrote
on Aug 4, 2012 5:20 PM

I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that this is the Farmer's Market Cardigan from Interweave Knits 2009 by Connie Chang Chinchio.  I had been helping a student with the knitting of this cardigan and had evey re written the instructions, but it was too difficult for her to knit.  She asked me to knit it for her.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 5, 2012 10:37 PM

Hi knitnanny,

Oh it hasn't been so long, only july when you first wrote I think & it's just now the beginning of august.  Thank you for sharing with us and over in the Reader Gallery.  Nice yarn too, did you use a merino & silk blend?  Only  one more question I promise, - Is this your student wearing the sweater? 

I hope you share your next project with us.  So glad you did here.  It really does inspire knitters to see others talents.  We really do learn from one another.  Thank you so much.  I hope your class is full. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
knitnanny10 wrote
on Aug 7, 2012 2:18 PM

Hi ZassZ,

This is my eldest daughter modeling the sweater.  My student is in PA helping with her new grand baby.

I'm sorry I don't recall the yarn.  When my student gets back in touch I will see if she has a yarn label about.

Most recent class is the EZ A-B-C-SJ in any size.  The class is somewhat ongoing, so they come and go depending on time and need.  Have a few more things to be sharing soon.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
knitnanny10 wrote
on Aug 7, 2012 4:20 PM

OK ZassZ...here is the next finished project with pattern complete.  It is a Scribble Lace Cowl hand knit in French Pashmina Cashmere.  The model in this photo as in the previous one is my eldest daughter.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 7, 2012 7:13 PM

hi knitnanny10

Nice lace cowl too - the blue is very nice with your daughter's pretty blue eyes.  I thank you again for sharing.  Just love to see these project pics.  We are inspired to keep knitting! 

I met 3 women at my lys yesterday.  As I sat at the round table looking at the yarn sample shade card for my yarn order we all began talking about one another's projects.  One was getting help with making a beautiful white blanket for 1st granddaughter to be born soon.  Other knitter was helping her to learn how to do a nice crochet border stitch for that blanket.  Other knitter was getting help with her afghan square pattern.  I began knitting a swatch with the sample yarn the company had sent with the shade card; they began helping me select a color.  The funny thing was they all chose the very same colors I had marked down that I liked.  We all had such fun and had never met prior to this, just talking & laughing alot like old friends.  A few more customers came in so they had to wait for the instructor to get back to them.  We were having so much fun it didn't matter.  Thank goodness there were no husbands waiting on any of us.  In fact, on my last trip a woman stopped in telling us just that, that her husband was waiting in the car.  She said she always stops in when she comes in to town to visit family.  So the lys owner told her, well you have til 6 p.m. to browse around!  She said, well my hubby is in the car, so shop owner said "so lets go get him some lunch!" - She responded, "I made sure I fed him before we came over!"  We all just laughed out loud.   

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
knitnanny10 wrote
on Aug 8, 2012 2:52 AM

ZassZ, my LYS is fortunate enough to have a smallish round table and chairs in the front by the door.  It is a perfect place for those waiting, husband's, and there are magazines nearby as well. The shop also sells organic tea and always has a pot on, cold now for summer.  Most men who aren't following their wives around, have a comfy seat, something to drink and reading material! 

There are three instructors, myself included, who enjoy spending time together on a Sat. late afternoon.  It seems when we are there together, the shop becomes swamped with customers!  Amazing to watch this happen.  I love knitting, but teaching others is the most fun of all.  

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 8, 2012 4:30 PM

Hi knitnanny, 

So funny you mention the table dynamic.  The instructor even mentioned that particular day that she is asking for another smaller table to go nearer to the front of shop.  She wants it to be used only for instructing.  Then the table already there in the second adjoining room can be for more relaxed chit chat and socializing.  She said it gets too distracting for the knitters to pay attn to what they are learning when they hear other's conversations nearby.  That makes sense, so I hope she does get another table - it will be helpful to those trying to concentrate & learn new things.   I think you are spending enjoyable time there - so nice.  I love helping others too.  It feels so good to give of yourself doesn't it?     

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
knitnanny10 wrote
on Aug 10, 2012 12:52 PM

Hi ZassZ,

It is most enjoyable helping others.  Sometimes my students are so quiet the LYS owner comes to the back of the shop to see if we are still there!  So focused....sometimes, other times we do as much socializing as knitting!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 14, 2012 3:31 PM

Hi Sharon,

Nearly done with my shawl.  Really love the pattern and it is a breeze using the cool cotton yarn.  Just love doing this one.  So have you decided on a new pattern yet?  Are we doing the skirt kal ? or are you on something you are trying to finish up now?  I ordered my yarn for the skirt.  I may do it in the color pictured and in the eggplant.  The yarn is pretty nice.  Surprise  I knitted a swatch when I was the lys deciding on colors.  Getting really excited. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Aug 15, 2012 10:38 AM

hey zass,

cant wait to see your shawl all done. mine is still sitting and waiting for me to block it! i tend to lose interest once the knitting part is done! my excuse is i am waiting for some nice, dry air so i can set it up outside to dry! i'm still working on the jacker that i am going to turn into a vest. i was playing with the mesh, open stitch vest i am doing in aqua, but decided i needed to finish the first project before starting another.

i would love to do a kal with you. unfortunately i searched for the old magazine and came up empty handed. i was sure i had it, but realized i started getting them in 2010. i may have to do what you did, and download the entire year. we were talking about 2009 right? i do love your colors though. mustard and eggplant? very cool combo. so did you order your yarn already? and are you using what they recommend? refresh my memory please. i dont know what colors i will choose. i have to put some thought into this!

we were supposed to head south about 1 1/2 hours to long beach island today. friends rented a beach house for the week, and we usually go down for a day and beach it, then go for dinner. the weather is not being cooperative! really nice early, but clouds building and forecast for rain. we had to cancel our plans for the day, and now it looks like we wont be able to see them this year. at least at their beach house. they live about an hour north of us, so they usually come to our beach for day trips in the summer, and we head to them for dinner in the winter. it works. enjoy your day! xox

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 24, 2012 12:58 PM

hi sharon,

Wow you got your cd too!  This is going to be fun.  I stopped by lys, and I ordered the eggplant, which I will do for sure.  Then I ordered 2 colors which I will decide on one between the two.  One is the same as the picture for the skirt and the other is Cayenne.  He also ordered other colors for stocking in his shop, so when he checked back with them, he realized they were holding the entire order for 2 colors they didn't have in stock.  He chose some others which they did have and now the whole thing is shipping.  Should be here very soon.  Can't be soon enough for me!  I'll give you my feed back on what these color are like in person. 

The weather here is nice cooking down for folks inland.  Very thick marine layer at the coast which is fine with me for a bit.  The heat was so extreme inland and valley areas and people were trying to escape the heat in droves.  It really was a difficult 2-3 weeks for people to endure temps over 100's + degree for so many weeks in succession. 

Glad your trip was fun.  I loved hearing about your swimming and lunches and dinners and just being with family and friends.  I will have to get those pics up of my wrap and the other skirt that you guessed right about!  That's the one in purples, lavenders, etc. xo

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Sep 27, 2012 2:17 PM

Hi All, 

Well finally.  The lower edge of skirt is on right side of pic.  Actually the hem which I did is in a little flirty border.  It's just right.  Sharon, the wrap is done in the yarn we talked about that you liked the neutral shade. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Sep 28, 2012 10:09 AM

hi zass,

thanks for sharing! love both, but especially that wrap. the color is so pretty, and will go with everything. coming into the time of year where you can get lots of use out of it!  enjoy!

xox, sharon

Page 32 of 59 (878 items) « First ...  < Previous  30 31 32 33 34  Next >  ... Last » | RSS