Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 876 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Nov 7, 2012 12:46 PM

To ZassZ and all the KD knitters,

My prayers and positive thoughts go out Sharon and all our East Coast members.  I hope we hear from them soon. 

ZassZ,

Glad to hear that the shawl is done.  I hope you will post a pic.  I would love to see it.  As for the new projects, I have a sample swatch on the needles for a new vest and I started a pair of gloves for my daughter's boyfriend for Christmas.   The vest is an experiment.  I will be working it in one piece to the underarms and then making the split for the front and back.  I will be knitting the front border as I go because I won't be using buttons on it, just a really pretty silver colored, heart shaped clasp I found a while back at the fabric store.  If this works the way I think it will, I will be using a 3 needle bind-off for the shoulders.  NO SEWING!!!  I really hate hand sewing.  So yes, I am a lazy knitter!!  That's why I love the handy guides by Ann Budd.  She is a knitter after my own heart.  And those books save me the trouble of having to do the math!!!

Anyway, gotta go.

Mary

Ravenwood Designs

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Grand-Kage wrote
on Nov 8, 2012 9:43 PM

Hello guys it's been awhile,sorry about that.Thank u all for your feedback on my jumper,it fills my heart.I've seen some of your guy's pics on here as well very nice.I'am currently working on a crochet doily.It looks kind of like a snowflake which is why i'm doing it lol.I'm in the christmas spirit early this year lol.I'm also working on a knitted doily that also looks like a beautiful snowflake,it's going to be a little tricky for me though lol,hope it turns out well.I'll try to post pic of it when there done.If they come out how i like it then i'll just make them on normal needles and hooks to make them much larger.Maybe i'll use the knitted one in larger size for around the tree this year.I'll do it in red or green,not sure u guys decide.I'm also going to try to make a scarf soon and a few pairs of socks for christmas.Oh when i make my socks i've done away with those silly dpn needles,i come up with my own way of making them.I use a size 5mm bambo takiyumi circular needle 14 inch long.You guys are right  love using bambo needles they are so confortable and warm in my hands.I use them when ever i can.I just use color markers.For example u would usually use 3 needles to make sock,so instead of 3 needles i just put them on my bambo needles and place the markers where they would have been split on the 3 needles then i start knitting it like i usually would.I'm always looking for more sock tips and any other tips u guys may have.Aslo if u all have any chevron type patterns please send me an email of it and i'll give it a go as well.I love knitting aran type patterns,and jumpers,so if u all have that as well i'm all ears as well.But i will tell u this adhd people,we have so many things we want to do but we sometimes can't be bothered to do them and any one of them for that matter at a  time.So it is tricky to get much done in one day,though i have managed to start a back of a jumper and finish it it one day,speed knitting and cramps lol.I'm a lefty as well.So i'm open to new things u all may suggest,and feel free to ask about how many projects i have actually completed.Ok bye for now,hope all is well for u all,and please enjoy yourselves.''Grand_Kage''Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Nov 8, 2012 10:56 PM

Hi ZassZ,

I am already  worried about Sharon. Now, the new storm coming up. I pray for them everyday. A friend tells me bad news come first. We haven't had nor good nor bad news. We are just waiting... waiting for good news.

Thank you, very much! The yarn really feels good. I like that colour a lot, I am glad you too! I am working on my next project. It will be a scarf, hat and fingerless gloves in ivory, in a 50%  wool - 50% acrylic yarn. My eldest son asked for them. I will post it soon as the stitch pattern is very easy. Just cables.

XOXOXO!!

Merlich.

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Nov 8, 2012 11:03 PM

Hi Mary,

It is good you enjoyed your new hoodie. And that your husband gives you such a nice and useful presents. I am happy for you.

And I hope, when you can prepare the crêpes, with this recipe, you all enjoy them as much as we do.

Greetings,

Merlich.

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Nov 10, 2012 6:24 PM

Hi Merlich,

I'm back.  The weather around here is turning cold so I am hunkered down next to the woodstove with knitting on the needles.  I have started a pair of gloves for my daughter's boyfriend for christmas and when the small needles are a little to much to handle with these arthritic thumbs, I have a vest on size 8 needles to work on.  This is my lazy knitter vest.  I am trying out an idea that crossed this crazy little mind of mine.  I'm working the vest in one piece to the arm holes and then splitting the work by placing the fronts on stitch holders, finish the back and place the shoulder stitches on holders.  When I get the fronts done, I will use a 3 needle bind off to join the shoulder seams.  Since I am using a clasp on the front to fasten it, I won't need to do a button band so the front border is knitted as I go.  We'll see how well it works out.  Still not sure what I want to do for the neckline in front yet.  I'll figure that out when I get there.

Mary

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Nov 12, 2012 7:20 PM

Hi Grand-Kage,

Hello to you too, Grand-Kage! You are very busy! A lot of projects on the go. The colour for your christmas doily depends on what you want to show, and on the colour of your chirstmas tree. I hope you can show us soon your finished projects. I am sure they are fantastic!

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Merlich.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Nov 12, 2012 8:19 PM

Hi Mary,

Your projects sound very good. I am knitting half finger gloves in black and in ivory. They are for my youngest son, the first ones and for my oldest the second ones.

I know your vest will be very beautiful.

Greetings,

Merlich.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Nov 15, 2012 4:15 PM

Hi Merlich,

Sounds like a fun project for the boys.  How old are they?  I know when mine hit the teen years they got rather picky about what mom made for them, hence the start of Ravenwood Designs.  Now that the girls are grown (20 almost 21 and 30), they aren't so bad, either that or my knitting has gotten better, don't know which.  Anyway, had to take a couple days off from the knitting.  I jammed one of my thumbs on a piece of wood I was putting in stove, so it was a little sore.  I'm back at it now.

Mary

Ravenwood Designs

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Nov 15, 2012 9:42 PM

Hi Mary,

How painful! It also hurt me. I am glad you are better now. Be more careful, try to use anything else to put the wood instead of your hands.

My youngest boy is 14 and my oldest is 24. The oldest, when was a teen, refused to wear anything knitted but scarves until he was 22. Now he asks me to knit accesories for him. The youngest has never liked to wear anything knitted. Every time he was wondering what to give to his girlfriend for a present I offered him something knitted and he always said: 'Mom, no!!!!!' Now, he is asking me to knit for him the half finger gloves, haha!. Kids change!

Enjoy your knitting!

Merlich.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Nov 16, 2012 11:48 AM

HI ALL, 

Heard from SHARON and she is safe.  Went thru an ordeal for sure!  Taking a little moment to recup herself.  Sure glad to hear from her and so am passing it along to you all.  She'll enjoy catching up on reading all your posts!

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Nov 16, 2012 12:13 PM

Hi Mary,

Hope you hand is feeling better.  I say hand because thumb closely connected to wrist joint, so hopefully soreness is all gone. 

I remembered seeing your colorful pic that kept reminding me of a yarn I had used for a blanket.  So I finally got around to pulling up the pic to show you.    

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Nov 16, 2012 8:06 PM

Hi ZassZ,

Thanks God Sharon is ok! ZassZ,thank you very much for notifying. I am so happy to hear such a good news!!!  I wish her recovering soon.

Send her all my sympathy and my love.

Looking forward to hearing from her soon,

Merlich.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
crochet435 wrote
on Nov 16, 2012 8:46 PM

A beautiful stripped scarf

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Nov 19, 2012 11:44 AM

Hi crochet435,

Thank you for your compliments.

Merlich.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Nov 20, 2012 9:46 AM

hi knitter friends!

i am finally back online after losing power for 12 days, tv, internet and phone just came back sun. phew it was a long haul but thankfully we did not have much damage. 3 huge trees down and some flooding. i live on the jersey shore about 1/2 mile from the ocean. so many had it much, much worse. and for them it is not over yet.

not sure if anyone noticed the kd page about sockupied fall 2012? well, i did download it and started on the chardonnay socks - i am calling them my sandy socks! i chose a gorgeous soft gold and am finished with one. they are mini works of art and the prettiest sock i have ever knitted. very unusual they way the pattern goes. i'm taking a break since they do take so much concentration. started a simple pair of colorful socks for hubby for christmas. i will try to get a pic here, but zass knows how terrible i am with uploading pics!

hope everyone has a nice, peaceful thanksgiving!

xox, sharon

Page 37 of 59 (877 items) « First ...  < Previous  35 36 37 38 39  Next >  ... Last » | RSS