Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 876 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Nov 20, 2012 5:48 PM

Hi Sharon,

So good to see you back here.  I did hear about the thousands of trees lost and was just thinking of how the loss of those trees will have repercussions farther down the line in time.  What a shame.  But more so than that, the thousands of people without homes, cars, clothing, precious personal items.  Then we heard about the car prices being hiked up on the poor people who are now without vehicles and trying to at least obtain transportation.  What next?  Well, time will tell.   

We are all so glad you are safe and even though I know you must be thankful, at the same time, I know it is very hard for you to see all this in your home town area. 

Glad you are enjoying your pretty sock pattern.  I finished my black trianglular shawl and decided to bead the finished edge and am close to being done with the beading.  Meanwhile, in my head, I am already into knitting my next project and can't wait to do it. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Nov 20, 2012 5:51 PM

Hi Merlich,

Glad to pass your message along to Sharon. 

I think I missed a striped scarf somewhere here?  I was just reading a post from Crochet but I don't see the striped scarf?  Is there a pic of it? 

If you are not too busy this week maybe I'll here from you.  Take care. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Nov 20, 2012 6:51 PM

hi again zass,

i dont remember if i told you i used to be really into beading. did all kinds of intricate necklaces and bracelets. and then lost interest. it is so labor intensive and not really relaxing like knitting is. cant wait to see your beaded edging on your shawl. i know you are so much better at posting pics than i am - so a close up please so we can really see your work!

and yes, so many have tried to take advantage in this area. very sad because there is that element that will try to take advantage no matter what the situation. the good news is the authorities are actively pursuing price gougers. it holds a very hefty fine and jail time. so beware those that think you will prosper from the angst of honest people. and yes the downed trees are so horrible to see. in this area they are old and mature and gorgeous. the landscape has definately changed. i know my house will be hotter next summer since so much of my shade is now gone. oh well. we must move on.

sweet dreams!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Nov 20, 2012 6:56 PM

hi sharon,

what a nice surprise.  you know you must be way better at beading than i but I will be happy to put up the pic.  It's not going to be fancy beading, but maybe you can give me some tips? 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Nov 20, 2012 9:35 PM

Hi Sharon,

I am very happy to hear from you, and the most important fact: that you're well. Sorry about your trees. Is it too hard to plant some new ones next chance the weather is suitable? A year ago, we had many fallen trees too because of the stormy winds and it is really hot now. I can feel it all around my neighbourhood. And, also, like you say, the landscape has changed. I miss all those beautiful trees.

I am glad you are knitting the socks you've mentioned from "sockupied fall 2012". I don't have that issue, but I can imagine they must be gorgeous. I wish you could manage to upload a pic when you finish them.

Send you a warm hug,

Merlich.

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Nov 20, 2012 9:57 PM

Hi ZassZ,

Thank you once again you've sent Sharon my concern about her.

About the stripped scarf, maybe crochet435 has seen all the pics we've posted all along this thread. I posted two stripped scarves last year: one in October and the other in late November or December. Besides those ones, I can't remember any other stripped scarf here. I am already on the go with the garments I am knitting. I thought I'd finish them quickly.

I wish you all a happy Thanksgiving Day!!

XOXOXOXO!!!!

Merlich.

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Nov 21, 2012 7:53 PM

Hi Merlich,

That makes perfect sense.  For some reason my mind wasn't connecting - I do remember now your scarves and she must have been referring to them.  Thanks for answering.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 74
on Nov 27, 2012 12:21 PM

I've completed a bolero for a baby - I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

At what point does a pattern become your own design? Because this garment is based on an existing pattern, but I've modified the hem, neckline, yarn weight, changed the construction from top-down to bottom up, and added embroidery from my own imagination.

Anyway, here it is!

I decided to use sky blue for this project because I am SICK of little girls' clothing being pink on top of pink on top of pink.

(Random side note: I love this background fabric! I don't know what I'll do with it - I just bought it because it's pretty!)

(Side note @ ZassZ, you know all about this project, because you've been helping me with it for a few weeks, ha!)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Nov 28, 2012 10:07 AM

oh my goodness is that adorable! you did such a nice job and i love the color!

i think this is your own design now, since you changed everything about it. many patterns "resemble" others, but this one does sound like your own creation!

i vote that you continue and create more originals! 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Nov 28, 2012 5:31 PM

Hi All,

The baby bolero is adorable!  I agree with you on the pink thing. 

I have a couple more things done and will take pics and post them later.  In the meantime, I want to wish all my knitting friends the best of wishes for the holiday season.  I know this is a knitting forum, but I can't resist posting a pic of my duckies.  Yes they are crocheted and yes I did make them.  Anyway, happy holidays to all.

Mary Woods

Ravenwood Designs

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Nov 28, 2012 7:04 PM

Hi Askhouse,

So sweet and cheerful looking.  Who is the little baby that will be receiving this darling gift? 

Your embroidery came out very nice!  As I was looking at your pic, it occurred to me that you could have possible put a little fabric glue on those ends you were concerned with on the reverse side.  But looking at your other pics on How Do I it doesn't look too messy at all on the reverse side.  So a little drop on just those flower threads probably wouldn't hurt. 

So what is your next project?  Thanks again for sharing your pics with us here.  Oh yes, and I do love your fabric.  You and I should not go shopping together, huh?  I love picking up cute fabric either for the color combinations and/or pattern. 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 74
on Dec 6, 2012 4:39 AM

Hi ZassZ, Mary and yogama,

Thanks very much for your compliments! It's nice to be appreciated Stick out tongue heehee.

The blue-clad baby is my boyfriend's niece, who has just celebrated her first birthday - and it turns out that I was very right about the colour - those bright electric and sky blues really bring out her skin tone and her general chirpy behaviour.

Yes, I love making my own patterns for myself and my gifts. Right now I'm working on a slouchy hat for my boyfriend's sister, and after that I'll probably make another baby garment for a friend's toddler (both my own designs). I love this busy-ness!

So if those work out well, I might just be back here!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Dec 6, 2012 4:05 PM

To my knitting buddies,

Here is the latest finished project.  A hat and pair of gloves for my youngest daughter's boyfriend for Christmas.  The yarn is Red Heart, Heart and Sole in the Toasted Almond colorway.  I hope the kiddo likes it.

Mary

Ravenwood Designs

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Dec 6, 2012 5:56 PM

Hi Mary, 

Very nice - looks like a guy too.  Thanks for sharing.  I like the way all the colors blend in unexpected ways. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Dec 6, 2012 6:15 PM

Hi Everyone,

Well as long as I had my camera out I thought I would put these pics up.  Here goes the triangular shawl in black,    and a hat in yellow,   and  and this cowl 

I am thinking of re-doing the cowl.  I was telling Merlich I was not so happy with it.  It's doubled in the pic - a long cowl. 

Page 38 of 59 (877 items) « First ...  < Previous  36 37 38 39 40  Next >  ... Last » | RSS